BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Ok, good. Yes, it would have been better to get into the game on the ground floor, as it were, but as long as I can still get into this game eventually, I'm ok.
    Thing is with all the different Kickstarters emerging, it's difficult to pick and choose different ones. I just love the Anime-style of the game so this one was a no-brainer for me, but I had to let the Kingdom Death and others pass me by.

But yeah, they slated May for the bundles to go out to backers, although that may be optimistic. I reckon they should do it by the end of the year. And if you can't wait, some of the models are available now in metal. I'm just looking forward to Reaper some time in March and then that should keep me busy til this comes through!
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I've created a thread that shows off all the sculpts and renders on one handy page so you don't have to trawl through this thread or the Kickstarter to find them. Some of them aren't great, but hopefully as better pictures are found, or even better as unseen items are shown, I'll be able to update the links on the first post.

The thread can be found [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?29988-Compiling-all-Relic-Knights-Kickstarter-images-into-one-handy-place"]here[/URL]. If you have any images that are better do comment with a linky and I'll do my best to keep it all up-to-date.
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Default Pinging EldarGal!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Any idea what base size that is (looks like 40mm perhaps)? I was hoping to use her as a Keeper of Secrets but it looks like she may be too small.
    Hey EG, hoping you'll see this as I remembered you were asking about the size of the Serpent Priestess in the RK post. I found this image of Zineda which hopefully might give you an idea of the scale of Noh females:

I've seen the model next to her on the left in person and it's roughly the same size as humans in 40k. So, I would guess that the serpent priestess will either be the same size as Zineda (if all Noh females are that size), or if she's only that size cause she's important, maybe the priestess will be the same size as the model on her right. Hope that helps
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

So, just thought I'd best update the thread with the [URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights/posts/445833?ref=activity"]latest news[/URL] from Sodapop.

I'm not going to go into the whole thing but the main point is that the Kickstarter will be delayed until November. That's November being delivered to their warehouses in the US, so for international backers we're probably looking at some time in January 2014.

On the upside, they did attach some more shots of unseen models, which you can see in the images thread also in this board. Feel free to have at it below though.
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Not that fussed personally, I treat Kickstarter delivery dates as rough guidelines to begin with.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Not that fussed personally, I treat Kickstarter delivery dates as rough guidelines to begin with.
    That's my opinion too. Things can be done fast, they can be done cheap or they can be done well, but only ever two of the above. They were already cheap, and I'd much rather they made sure the models they're producing are the models we want than rush out some crappy ones.

The upside is I now find myself with 6 more months to paint all the Reaper goodies (when they eventually ship out...).
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

So I didn't really think this belonged in the other thread, as it's supposed to be for miniature previews and for-sale stuff, but yeah. As Archimbald pointed out, there are beta rules available to download, along with all the different sets of cards and esper deck. They can be found [URL="http://sodapopminiatures.com/media-page/relic-knights/"]here[/URL]
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Scout

A friend got to play this at Gencon and said it was kind of inconsistent while playing.

but then later he said it was fun... and it mostly sounded like his complaints were that you couldn't do cheesy things that let you just blow everything up and win immediately.

Librarian

Sometimes people doing demos and even full game demos at Gencon get some pretty basic rules wrong for games that haven't been released yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are also some places where the rule book needs some bit of errata- it is a first edition for a game that runs with some fundamentally new mechanics. Releasing the rules the way that they did, and having a community beforehand will help them catch those before printing, but I'm sure there's something they missed.

www.GardenNinja.com

Scout

Yeah, it's often the case in my experience that people running games end up skimming everything and sort of winging it.

There were a few times I bought a game that was demoed somewhere, and when I get home and read the rules, I find a bunch of things that were done wrong.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516