BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Scout

The minis look really cool, going to have to remember to eventually invest in some models from them... and maybe persuade friends to do so as well.

First-Captain

They are over the 100k mark but I am waiting to see if they start chucking in a wodge of extra miniatures before I jump on board.

Chapter-Master

Looks decent to me, I like anime quite a lot - I didn't used to, but over the past few years iv found theres stuff with really excellent and imaginative storytelling out there I had no idea of.

Models look decent, still never seem to get the eyes on them right though for some reason (or is that just me?). Don't think I'd pledge to this though but it does fill a Niche I've not really seen elsewhere.

Now if only someone would do a tokusatsu based skirmish game complete with Kaijin and Kamen Rider ripoffs...
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I've been keeping an eye on this Kickstarter since it started, I'm amazed by how much it's jumped up every day. I'm in the process of badgering my mates to see if I can get a decent gaming group together for it, and to get us all a better deal by making one pledge between us. Not that I'm that fussed about playing, I'm much more of a painter than a gamer any way.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm not big into the anime style myself, but I'm tempted to pledge just to get the horny daemon looking girl to use as a Keeper of Secrets.
    I just wanted to say, from what I've seen the horny devil girl Zineda that they show in the pictures isn't part of the Noh starter faction included in this Kickstarter - the faction images show concepts for the all the models they intend to include and I didn't see her on the Noh one, although it seems to have mysteriously disappeared today. There is a 'cosplay' version of her that was unlocked when it passed the $120,000 mark that can be selected as a Special Edition mini though. If you wanted the one they showed painted in the photos, it's available on the site [URL="http://sodapopminiatures.com/content/high-priestess-zineda-spite"]here[/URL].

Also I was thinking, given the emphasis on Mechs and solos, the Relic Knight models could proxy quite well for Warmachine figures. I showed a mate of mine the Privateer Press website recently but he wasn't a fan of the models, which sucked for me as I'd already bought the 2-player box set. Both of us being anime fans however, perhaps he might take to this instead. Has anyone tried this with Soda Pop's existing range? How do the scales match up?
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Thanks, guess I won't be pledging then. Then again...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Thanks, guess I won't be pledging then. Then again...
    No problem

Has anyone from the UK ever had to pay a customs fee on a kickstarter for importing into the country? It occured to me the other day that the more you put into a Kickstarter the more attractive it becomes for the government to get in on it. I once had to pay a whole third on top of the price I paid just to get a board game from America, and I really don't fancy that sort of hefty fee being levied on a $200+ order
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Currently they are trying to get a UK distributor to avoid us having to pay the extra tax. Could always put 'gift' and a low value on the shipping label, lol. Between my gaming group, I think we'll probably have about ten starters Really looking forward to the release, been interested in these for ages.

Eldargal, the Zenida model would be a little small for a KoS. Would make a good Daemon Prince though off the top of my head, she's around the $26 mark on Sodapop's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial69 View Post
    Currently they are trying to get a UK distributor to avoid us having to pay the extra tax. Could always put 'gift' and a low value on the shipping label, lol. Between my gaming group, I think we'll probably have about ten starters Really looking forward to the release, been interested in these for ages.
    Awesome, cheers for the update. How would that work with the Kickstarter? Or would that only be for the sale of their models in future? Yeah I've heard about the gift loophole, I just worry about ordering too much and claiming a low value, knowing my luck I'd get the jobsworth who googles proper prices and whacks a double fine on there.

I've spoken to a couple of my mates but the general consensus is they want to wait and see who else wants to buy them. ME! HELLO! This is the expression of interest right here...
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

First-Captain

I have decided not to pledge until we find out what Base insert bonus pack and Boost Lvl 1 are, so 220k.
    I need more minis for my money.

We'll be using a 3rd party shipper for EU shipments so you will not need to deal with HM Customs.
    Ok, so I decided to ask them and see what was going on for UK and EU pledgers, and I got this reply. Looks like we will have an EU distributor so there shouldn't be any nasty tax surprises when the goods finally arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    I have decided not to pledge until we find out what Base insert bonus pack and Boost Lvl 1 are, so 220k.
    I need more minis for my money.
    Here's what they're saying about the Base Inserts:

These decorative inserts are a great way to spice up your collection of Relic Knight miniatures with fantastic themed plastic bases. These bases feature clusters of "Esper crystals" on a sleek sci-fi spaceship decking texture. Each set comes with 1x 80mm, 1x 50mm, 2x 40mm, and 5x 30mm base inserts. As the darkspace grows, the tides of Esper begins to seep into the universe taking physical form. Places of particular concentration of this energy sometime show in the form of clusters of radiant crystals, seemingly able to jut out of any surface, these beautiful glowing growths are only harbingers of destruction, as they magnify and grow, tendrils of Darkspace are surely barreling toward their locus at unimaginable speed.

Ok our concept guy is still working these but we'll get pics of these shortly. One set will be added to each Savior set (i.e Double Savior and GTGEA will have 2 and 3 respectively). So you'll have plenty of fancy stuff to fight over!
    I'll be honest, as these are only one set for every two factions, I'm really not fussed by this. It's nice to get freebies but as it's not going to be enough for each model, and with each faction needing different sized bases anyway it seems a little odd.

Boost Level 1 is a lot more like it however:

Each Faction Starter gets these extra models for their specific Faction (i.e. one Boost per Faction Starter box)! (Kickstarter only)
    They go into more detail about it [URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights/posts/292983"]on the page[/URL], but basically it's 2-5 of the generic troops for each faction depending on size and possibly points in the game. What they haven't stated is whether there will be more variety to the sculpts or if there will be more multiples of what's already included. Possibly not a concern for Diamon, Noh and the Paladins but the other, more individual factions could suffer from a lack of variety.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth, I'll be holding off til one of my buddies say they are definitely going in on it with me for maximum cost effectivity, otherwise I'll probably wait til they hit the stores over here next year some time.
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast