BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

It looks like a lot, but then consider how many boxes come out per month, especially during a new book month. Also this list does seem to ring true with a lot of the rumours floating about, and Harry has at least broadly agreed it. If nothing else, it could be that the models may not be exactly correct, but the pattern could be right still.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Isn't one of the rumors that there is a Allies book coming for 40k which a lot of these releases fit into?

Chapter-Master

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I think the Cabal is like...THE CABAL from the Horus Heresy books.

They're a collection of races that are trying to steer the galaxy away from Chaos. We dont know a ton abou them at this point beyond the fact that they are all badasses. Well, maybe not the tiny guy that floats in the bubble.

But John Grammaticus certainly is.

www.queencityguard.com

Fly Lord

Its an interesting list.

You will note its the best type of rumor list; one that *could be true*. It has a lot of units that we have heard of from other rumors sources, like the Tau vehicles, and the Eldar ones which exactly match earlier rumors which came out over the last month.

Then you get things such as Sisters of Battle which sound very plausible and are said to be in the medium term of releases.

Then we get to the exotics such as the Solitaire, Genestealer Cults, Cypher, Kabal items and others that seem too good to be true.

Still, if the talk of mini-dexes being added that would only include small numbers of related units to be used as allies pans out - even these make sense.

-----------------

The real eyebrow raisers are the Hobbit items. Even in text only, they could be used to get an idea of what might be in the movie. That's the real security leak. If the list is real, someone internal to GW is going to be in real hot water.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

"Land Avenger"? Sounds like the fabled tank that is 'halfway between the Land Raider and Rhino chassis' that has been hinted at for so long in the fluff. Just my speculation though.

"Land Raider Medusa"? Please don't be a Land Raider with a Medusa cannon on it, that'd just be ridiculous game-wise. >.<

Also, does this mean that Cypher is going to be back?
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Quote Originally Posted by entendre_entendre View Post
    "Land Avenger"? Sounds like the fabled tank that is 'halfway between the Land Raider and Rhino chassis' that has been hinted at for so long in the fluff. Just my speculation though.

"Land Raider Medusa"? Please don't be a Land Raider with a Medusa cannon on it, that'd just be ridiculous game-wise. >.<

Also, does this mean that Cypher is going to be back?
    Sadly I feel the above point to the rumour being no more than a wishlist. Sure, it appears to have incoporated other rumours, but to be honest there's just too much stuff on there for a 6 month release window.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

- New land raider variant(s)
    - Land Avenger (could this be the huge, non-transport astartes main heavy battle tank?)
    - Praetor, new tank as well? Or walker / monstrous creature -type unit?

Scout

Well what this means to me is, I will need to earn some cash, and get a lot more painting done.

just when I thought that i had put my Sisters away for good....HA HA! FOOL YOU!!!! Did you really think we'd forget about you?

well...time to hold my breath and eat some salt for the next few months!

Perhaps, but nothing on the list is really unknown. Even the Dwarf boar riders, Billy Connoly mentions he rides a boar in the film in an intereview. Perhaps if pictures were leaked Bew Line would be cranky, but just uncorroborated text? I'm not sure GW will be in too much trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The real eyebrow raisers are the Hobbit items. Even in text only, they could be used to get an idea of what might be in the movie. That's the real security leak. If the list is real, someone internal to GW is going to be in real hot water.
    Speaking as an Eldar player, there is nothing on that list bar flyers that appeared on any wish list thread I've ever read. Far, far too much out of teh blue but seems to fit with eldar extremely well. As one of the othe eldar obsessives on Warseer said, it has Jes Goodwin written all over it. I'm inclined to agree. Now this doesn't mean the rumours are real, but it isn't a wishlist. If it isn't ral than it is an extremely elaborate hoax put together but peopel who really know their eldar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Sadly I feel the above point to the rumour being no more than a wishlist. Sure, it appears to have incoporated other rumours, but to be honest there's just too much stuff on there for a 6 month release window.
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-10-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast