BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default 40,000 Points of Necrons

Hello everyone,

Lazuli Miniatures Studios here with the most insane project we have ever received, 40k points of Necrons. Previously we had painted a 3,000 point Apocalypse army for the customer and he was so happy he had us to do another 40,000 points.

The Team

Head Artist: [So]Rice | -=Lazuli=-
    Artists: elotsip, Kobayashi, tpistole
    Trainee Artists: sivooo, Lynn, phanda, artie, Kameron, m3ndo, Mandrake

The models:

We started with the 6 Flying Saucers (sorry forgot what they are called!):

Since he wanted us to continue the black and silver theme, we cleverly did two color spray painting:

The assembled ships, 3AM
    Last edited by -=Lazuli=-; 08-20-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Test model painted:

Wash is still wet, but I'm happy with it, takes only about 10 minutes to paint each of them.

More to come later, thanks for looking!

Try not to cry when you get to the Barges! Mine almost reduced me to tears on many occasions!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Forty thousand...? Not hundred? Or four thousand? Holy hive mind, that's a lot! Are you doing the maximum number allowed of every single unit?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by jifel View Post
    Forty thousand...? Not hundred? Or four thousand? Holy hive mind, that's a lot! Are you doing the maximum number allowed of every single unit?
    They're likely doing much more than that. This isn't an army designed to be used for anything but Apocalypse. (in its entirety)
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Chapter-Master

holy sh*t

wow.

who is the client? bill gates i can barley afford 1500 pts of marines (damnit i hate still being a kid)

well good luck and get good at airbrushing :P

-fuzz

p.s. as a commision painter myself this is like a dream :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

I think I see 6 monoliths, 5 boxes of wraiths, 6 boxes of tomb blades, well, a lot of stuff. What the full list come out to? And what are the pewter models? Looks like they might be immortals.

Iron Father

I can see why you have gone with such a simple paint scheme, with so much to build and put together it's a no brainer to sub-assemble , spray, weather and wash. However it's just too plain for me. I would rather have 400 well painted points than this black and silver scheme. It's missing something. If the weapons were airbrushed to give a little osl, even a simple one, that would add so much to the models.

But if your clients happy, who can argue I do applaud your bravery on the sheer scale of the construction you have to do. Takes me an hour to clean, trim and build 4 warriors. I would be sick to death of crons after building that lot.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks for the replies everyone, I was on vacation last week, but I'm back now!

That is 300+ Necrons Warriors in unassembled form. We are waiting on another 100-200 to arrive and we had already painted around 100 for the client last round.

@progreen10: I have a team of seven working on this project, 5 of them are "trainee" painters and this will be their first project. I can always call in more people if needed I'll get a picture of us all tomorrow.

@Tunach: I would like to do that but I don't think the client would like it ^_^

@BeLozey: The finished models will have a lot more color, I have not done any of the green gauss but we will probably have it glowing OSL like.

Also a quick plug for you Zombicide and Sedition Wars fans, just because we have a Tomb World's worth of Necrons doesn't mean we aren't taking other commissions (in fact we have about 2 dozen in house), we are running specials on Exhibition Standard painted sets. There are 5 slots left for Zombicide and 4 left for Sedition Wars. Zombicide will run at $450 and Sedition Wars at $350.

Thanks for looking as always!

Chapter-Master

Unbelievable, guy must be pretty damn rich to be able to afford that ....I mean, you have enough stock of Necrons to open your own Necron specific shop. And i thought I was hardcore for having 500 necrons in epic 6mm scale. Can't deny I'm very curious to see what the entire army will look like as a full army-shot (assuming you can rent the space to lay them out and photograph them).
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast