BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Tyranid - FOC

Default Tyranid - FOC

So I've been following some tyranid army list threads and I've seen some things like this:

5x6 ymgarl stealers - 690

6x3 spore mine clusters - 180

When reading through the 6th edition Allies and double FOC rules I got the impression that Tyranids could not have allies. Allies can't be from the same codex, so I don't see how people can be fielding Tyranid lists with 5 elite choices and so on...

Some clarification on this Tyranid matter would be very helpful.

Thanks

This was already addressed in the thread you posted in the tactics forum; the rules on pg. 110 cover this. At 2,000+ pts, you have the option of taking a second primary detachment (not Allied detachment). This means as long as your total army contains 2 HQs and 4 Troops, you can have double the normal number of units per FOC slot.

deleted due to being a dick
    Last edited by Yeahbuddy42; 08-11-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I was rude and shouldn't have been

Thank you, I will.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but you asked this same question less than two days ago--the thread is still near the top in the tactics forum--and no less than 4 people responded to give you the answer and even the appropriate page number. If you still had questions or wanted to get further clarification, you could have asked in the thread you already had going. If you find my curtness on the topic offensive, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hey man. Sorry, I was a out of line (Genuine apology). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Difficult to tell tone of voice in text. I just turned to page 110 and I'm happy to be on the right track now. Have a good one.