BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your blog is pretty terrible though, its badly laid out, uses a terrible font at a size that makes it hard to read and your spelling is atrocuoius.

You link it all over the place, so you're inviting people to look at it, and if you want them to read what you're saying and take you seriously, those are things that you need to pay attention to. There are standard templates that you can use that will make your blog more attractive and easier on the eye, and most browsers have a spell check. If you want people to read your things, you should try and help them as much as you can.

Also, ditch the ads for your terribly painted models at the top of the page, no one is going to buy them.
    Last edited by Captainparty; 08-13-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainparty View Post
    Your blog is pretty terrible though, its badly laid out, uses a terrible font at a size that makes it hard to read and your spelling is atrocuoius.

You link it all over the place, so you're inviting people to look at it, and if you want them to read what you're saying and take you seriously, those are things that you need to pay attention to. There are standard templates that you can use that will make your blog more attractive and easier on the eye, and most browsers have a spell check. If you want people to read your things, you should try and help them as much as you can.

Also, ditch the ads for your terribly painted models at the top of the page, no one is going to buy them.
    Woah, slow down there champ. I don't like your tone.

It's his blog, let him do as he pleases.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Woah, slow down there champ. I don't like your tone.

It's his blog, let him do as he pleases.
    He's putting it into a public sphere so it's inviting critisism, if he wants it to just be his blog, he doesn't have to link it anywhere.

There is a difference between criticism and being an arse. You are being an arse.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    There is a difference between criticism and being an arse. You are being an arse.
    Care to elaborate? In what was was that particularly arsey?
    And even so, this is the internet, not a hug box for coddling the developmentaly sub-normal.

Its all true, critisism can be harsh, and in this case should be taken on board. Have you seen his blog? Its awful.

You've been unnecessarily rude, you've accused him of picking fights with mods and you've tried to dictate the appearance of his blog and what he does on it.

Using 'that's the internet for you' as an excuse got old years ago. Anonymity doesn't justify being an obnoxious cretin to someone you don't know just because you don't like something about his blog.

I have seen his blog. It is not awful. Saying his painting is terrible isn't harsh criticism, it is being rude.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

And even so, this is the internet, not a hug box for coddling the developmentaly sub-normal.

Its all true, critisism can be harsh, and in this case should be taken on board. Have you seen his blog? Its awful.
    You're awful!
    Stop stifling the minds of our younger gamers!

We should be encouraging him, not slanting him for making an effort.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I'm pretty sure you just proved her point!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You've been unnecessarily rude, you've accused him of picking fights with mods and you've tried to dictate the appearance of his blog and what he does on it.

Using 'that's the internet for you' as an excuse got old years ago. Anonymity doesn't justify being an obnoxious cretin to someone you don't know just because you don't like something about his blog.

I have seen his blog. It is not awful.
    Ok, i wasn't rude until the very last line, lets be honest, and that was hardly unecessary. But I'm going to be now, because, well, you deserve to be patronised a bit because of your terrible forum personality.

I didn't accuse him of picking fights with mods, no where did I say or even imply that, you've invented that because you struggled to back up your attack on me.

I do think, but didn't state there, that he should have been a grown up and taken the criticism on the chin instead of replying back, but thats beside the point.

I didn't dictate anything, I said that if he wants to avoid such critism in the future, and to help him grow his blog readership, he should consider making some changes, because they will make it easier for his readers, thats quite clear and I included examples of how to fix this.

And I don't need justifiction, i have an opinion, and I am hardly anonymous, I use this handle extensively and don't consider it anonymous, there is nothing I am saying here that I wouldn't tell him in real life. Most websites and well trafficed blogs don't look like this, they avoid white writing on black, beacuse grown ups don't think its cool and because its dificult to read in a lot of circumstances (and it looks gross and 90s), a lot of forums u it because they're ran and used by idiots (warseer, dakka dakka). But, most importantly, he uses comic sans, a terrible, annoying font and at like size 20 or something, THAT is obnoxious.

And it is an awful, pointless blog, for the reasons stated above, the awful content, and the haphazard approach to spelling. If he wants to keep it as a personal log and journal, fine, great, I do that myself, I have a personal painting blog where I make notes and put up pictures, its a useful tool to chart progress and give context to pictures for later reference. I don't link that anywhere. You'd struggle to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    I'm pretty sure you just proved her point!
    Nope, she said I was being rude before I had been, if she said I'd drank a glass of milk when it was still there, doesn't make her right when I drink it in 20 minutes time, does it?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast