BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default oh dear what lovley responsible mods you have /r/warhammer

hi
    *warning the reddit mod uses quite a bit of eh, polite language*
    okay a confession, i visit /r/warhammer occasionally: mainly though its me posting links for my finished projects for dem pageviews and karma.

sadly one of the mods is ehm... a bit of a c*nt. this is somewhat darkly humourus and should make you appreciate the lovley mods here ^__^

WALL OF TEXT INBOUND. (italics mean that its a sidenote and was not sent)

Darkjediben(mod):Your blog is bad and you should feel bad.
    Seriously though, use a human font style, not that artifically kid-style **** font you've got goin on now.
    fuzzbuket (me):Oh I was trying to have something diffrent from the rest of the blogosphere...
    DJBifferent for the sake of being different is ****ing stupid. Case in point: Your blog.
    FUZ:Oh well I know that some people liked it, howevr the blog will be getting redone shortly, and I will take your opinions into account (still lableing someones hard work as ****ing stupid is rather dickish)
    (rest of comments: [url]http://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/y0jfv/my_first_imperial_fist_what_does_reddithammer/[/url])

and now for the fun bit: the PM's

DJB:This is not your personal whining forum. If you can't keep your comments on topic, don't make them. If you've got a problem with that, get the **** back to your ****ty blog.
    yep because commenting on the host site is relevant, and YOU were the one derailing the comments

FUZ:You seem rather unhappy (i went through your comments to see if you were always angry/rather unkind) so cheer up and spend some time on /r/awww
    Just trying to help.
    DJB:Or, better idea, you could slink back to your ****ty blog where you apparently haven't discovered the existence of spell-check (The word is "Namely", btw), and quit bothering the big kids til you finish up with high school. Sound good?
    FUZ:sigh

DJB:Hey fun story, dick-for-brains, one does not need to be a blogger (which, by the way...who gives a ****? It's a blog...everybody and their grandmother has one, you're not special) to know that your font sucks. Get the **** over yourself, jesus.
    FUZ:Oh dear again with the personal insults. Grow up
    DJB:"Grow up" loses a whole helluva lot of its power after you go slinking through somebody's comments looking for ammunition. Head on back to BoLS, where everybody has to suck your metaphorical dick every time you post if you can't handle honest criticism, kiddo.
    after you started going through mine (a day earlier i had mentioned i was 15)

FUZ: i wasnt 'looking for amunition' i was seeing to see that if you were a dick to everyone. you also seem to be the only person who is a complete **** on r/warhammer , you can critisise without being a ****.
    DJB:Ohh, noo, some teenager with a terrible blog thinks I'm ever so mean on the internet. Is somebody still a little butthurt about the fact that everybody didn't fall all over themselves praising your blog?
    yes as i was askin for people to praise my blog? *sarcasm*
    FUZ:nope. just that your being a ****. my blog actually was on /r/warhammer before, nobody had a problem with it and i got some noce critisim on some models.
    i put my blog on again, wanting critisism and tips from the community on the model and thinking that some people here would like to see the model.
    evidently some people did, and i got a few bits of really helful critisism and painting tips.
    and frankly even though im a teenager, I really dont see how that affects the post here. now can you stop getting angry at someone who really just wanted to show a plastic toy soldier to some people on the internet.
    DJB:First of all, the word is "you're".
    Second of all I don't give a **** about the rest of what you wrote, because you're clearly too stupid to be worth my time. **** off now, child.
    FUZ:And I love the reasonable mods too.
    DJB:Hahaha that's adorable, were you under the impression that I give a **** what you think?
    Let me help remove that poor assumption: I am now using RES to block you so that I no longer receive your messages. If you have further problems, use the "message the moderators" button on the sidebar to take it up with the other four. I will no longer get your messages. Feel free to continue screaming into this empty room if you need to fulfill your juvenile desire to get the last word.
    hmm i thought you just got the last word?

oh well at least the rest of /r/warhammer is polite and helpful!
    so a big thankyou to : duke,bigred,TDA,immortal,goatboy, eldargal(? are you a mod?) and the rest of our great mods here at BOLS

and well done for making it though that wall of text! and thanks to the community here as well, ive noticed a few people my age and no one gets undermined or cirtisied due to age and your all great people

-fuzz

(yeah i needed to get that off my chest :P)
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 08-12-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: holy carp the colour text is messed up!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

What a lovely individual.

Surely even for reddit mods and other folk can b

e reported at some level for sending personal attacks.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    What a lovely individual.

Surely even for reddit mods and other folk can b

e reported at some level for sending personal attacks.
    I was going to say that, why don't you report him to the other mods, they can't be happy about such an abuse of power? I'm sure Bigred will be happy to slap TDA back into line when the power goes to his head.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

What an idiot. Seems like your standard power tripping mod that thinks it's their duty to be obnoxious but can't handle it when someone stands up to/criticises them.

On a related note I too have noticed a lot of criticism levelled at 'young gamers'. Sure some of them might be idiots or rude but that's probably because they are idiots or rude, not because they are young. The Bitter Veteran is far more irritating in my opinion. Nothing is ever good enough, nothing is ever as good as it was when they first started, young gamers don't show the proper respect, in their day they had ot trudge 6 miles through the snow just to buy a single blister back which cost tuppence ha'penny etc.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    What an idiot. Seems like your standard power tripping mod that thinks it's their duty to be obnoxious but can't handle it when someone stands up to/criticises them.

On a related note I too have noticed a lot of criticism levelled at 'young gamers'. Sure some of them might be idiots or rude but that's probably because they are idiots or rude, not because they are young. The Bitter Veteran is far more irritating in my opinion. Nothing is ever good enough, nothing is ever as good as it was when they first started, young gamers don't show the proper respect, in their day they had ot trudge 6 miles through the snow just to buy a single blister back which cost tuppence ha'penny etc.
    Not that I want to defend the bitter veteran, but some things about GW (namely WD) WERE much better in ye olde days. You got lots of new gaming content, free models, it was cheaper etc etc. Though the trade off of modern times is much better models and paints, postal delivery, interweb forum thingies etc etc.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Not that I want to defend the bitter veteran, but some things about GW (namely WD) WERE much better in ye olde days. You got lots of new gaming content, free models, it was cheaper etc etc. Though the trade off of modern times is much better models and paints, postal delivery, interweb forum thingies etc etc.
    Nah it's more the 'I've been playing for Xteen years, I r more important, and opinion r more valid' crowd that irk me. For instance, those who seem to feel we want to hear about them demanding to play Rogue Trader in store, with their second hand Slann and Squat armies, then (unsurprisingly) being told 'no' by the Manager. Those who just can't quite seem to grasp that GW are a publically traded company, and have greater interests than what some guy on the Interwebs thinks.

Likewise those who have moved to other game systems, and then insist on hanging around like the proverbial eggy fart berating those with the temerity to enjoy GW games. And don't you dare express a negative opinion of Warmahords or whatever. Clearly that opinion means I've been drinking koolaid.........

Things were different years ago, but I would stop short of saying they were subjectively better. The WD pull outs and card sections were cool, but modern painting and modelling articles are easier to follow, and you get a result closer to the example.

NOW! Onto Mods. I used to frequent 40k Forums for a while, and there was a Mod on there who was, well, the meatus of mods. He'd derail threads, he'd ban people for disagreeing with him. His religious opinions were fairly robust, until someone criticised his (apparently, he is/was a 'Wiccan' and could do spells and stuff.) He really, REALLY didn't like it when I pointed out it's all made up mumbo jumbo. He came back to claim his version Wicca was based on ancient Druidic texts. I don't know how he reacted when I pointed out that the Druids didn't have a written language, because he banned me). Was I being just as bad? I guess you could say that, but he really was an absolute arse to everyone. I'm told he nicked off to found 40kforoldmen.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Certainly WD was better. But it is more the combination of 'nothing is ever good enough' and 'everything was better'. Everything was not better. Look at GW sculpts from ten years ago and compare them to todays, the majority are vastly superior. Go back another ten and the increase in quality is even more obvious.

As an example of what I mean: On Warseer there are a bunch of veterans wo whine CONSTANTLY about WD, demanding new content etc. The May issue comes out with the new flyer rules, four units, a decent bit of content and was there praise for it? No, not from the bitter veterans. One, and I quote, said 'the new rules are outweighed by there being too many big pictures'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think it's just fasionable to knock WD.

And don't forget, if you don't feel GW games as much as you did, anyone who does is clearly a Fanboi and deserves your derision!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Ah keyboard warrriors the kind of people who get some kind of power trip been able to insult someone who they know they will never see in person, people like that are sad pathetic little cowards who would run a mile if you met them face to face

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Certainly WD was better. But it is more the combination of 'nothing is ever good enough' and 'everything was better'. Everything was not better. Look at GW sculpts from ten years ago and compare them to todays, the majority are vastly superior. Go back another ten and the increase in quality is even more obvious.

As an example of what I mean: On Warseer there are a bunch of veterans wo whine CONSTANTLY about WD, demanding new content etc. The May issue comes out with the new flyer rules, four units, a decent bit of content and was there praise for it? No, not from the bitter veterans. One, and I quote, said 'the new rules are outweighed by there being too many big pictures'.
    Yeah, I don't get that mentality. In many ways, we've never had it better in terms of wargaming. GW is producing fantastic models with the latest technology and there are a healthy number of other companies doing well with their models/games.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast