BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Has no one seen the new rumours on Faeit? A recent batch of them were proven to be false by the man himself, but Naftka posted another set that is from one of his reliable sources.

via Faeit 212 (a Must Remain Anonymous Source)

Dragon Flyer - 12/12/10

2 butcher cannons, bs3, immune to shaken/stunned, can be locked velocity as normal. Flyer only, no hover/skimmer mode. Can vector strike at strength 10. Strafing run.
    Because this might be misinterpreted I'm going to be really clear: It does not have "two firing profiles." It has 2 butcher cannons, and that's it. It does not have blasts of any kind. It is "BS4" against ground targets because of strafing run (go read it, it's a USR for details).

Terminators can be upgraded to chosen, getting +1 WS (5) and +1 wound (2), and fearless. They can take marks on top of that. It gets expensive.
    - Interestingly enough, when upgraded they are troops if you take Abbadon, yet normal Terminators are Elites.
    There are no "chaos storm shields,"
    The best you can get is Mark of Tzeench to upgrade your 5+ invulnerable from Terminator armour to a 4+.

There is a piece of chaos wargear that gives a 4+ invulnerable, but it is not a storm shield it can just be added for characters. Yes it upgrades via mark of tzeench to 3+. No it's not available for sorcerers.
    Some very interesting tidbits, particularly related to the Dragon. Lots of rumours pegged its points cost at about 170, and many people were wondering what it had to justify the price tag. Well, I think 8 S8 shots a turn plus a S10 Vector Strike whilst being daemonically possessed is our answer. If true, this thing will absolutely maul other flyers - even Stormravens. With this thing, you could potentially - and it wouldn't be all that unlikely - destroy two Stormtalons in a single turn. One with a Vector Strike (D3+1 S10 automatic hits), and the other with the 8 S8 shots.
    I saw some people complaining on the website that it sucks it can't hover, but really, why would anyone want to? Between flying, AV12, and Vector Strikes and BS4 against ground targets (yes, that's insane), you make Grey Knight Psyflemen Dreadnoughts look like pansies by comparison for only 35 points more - if these rumours are true.

Also, the part about Chosen Terminators being Paladin equivalents really caught my attention, especially given how you are able to give them both Marks and Icons to make them essentially Cult Chosen Terminators. And, if the recent Dark Apostle rumours are true, could anyone imagine T5 2W Feel No Pain +4 Terminators paired with Abaddon who makes them Troops? It's cheesy as hell, but every rumour says that doing stuff like that gets really expensive. The sheer fact you can do stuff like that though is amazing - it really sounds like they are embracing the unique nature of Chaos armies, I can really see a lot of distinct, competitive army lists popping up everywhere.

Hopefully these rumours are true.
    Also, anyone notice the bit about being able to give characters a +4 invulnerable save, and then pair it with the Mark of Tzeentch to give a character a +3 invulnerable save? Dark Iron Halos anyone? Hopefully Ahriman has that.
    It sounds like out Lords are going to be insane in this codex.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 09-09-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Chapter-Master

Just had a revelation.
    So, most rumours have this thing at 170 points, which, as I discussed above, is an absolute steal for how much damage this thing puts out.
    Now, anyone remember those earlier correlating rumours that said daemon engines - including the dragon - had an ability to re-roll to wound and Armour penetration rolls?
    Combine that with the data above....and you have something beyond awesome for its points.

They are just rumours though, but I am starting to get very excited.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Just had a revelation.
    So, most rumours have this thing at 170 points, which, as I discussed above, is an absolute steal for how much damage this thing puts out.
    Now, anyone remember those earlier correlating rumours that said daemon engines - including the dragon - had an ability to re-roll to wound and Armour penetration rolls?
    Combine that with the data above....and you have something beyond awesome for its points.

They are just rumours though, but I am starting to get very excited.
    These kinds of rumours do the opposite of make me excited.

I want CSM to get good stuff, including a flyer, of course.

I don't want them to get stuff that's -so- good it makes everything else pale in comparison - like psyfledreads, etc.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

I do agree, and with Phil Kelly at the helm it should be a well balanced codex. But, frankly, I'd rather Chaos be over-powered than under-powered, if that makes any sense.

Dark Apostles and Daemon Prince latest added to OP.

Librarian

Local Games Workshop has announced that the next White Dwarf has been moved in to the 22nd of September. This means we should see some leaks next week.

Librarian

And could allow marines in september... as some rumours had suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Local Games Workshop has announced that the next White Dwarf has been moved in to the 22nd of September. This means we should see some leaks next week.

Don't count on it. White Dwarf seems to suggest it's Dark Angels next, going on the inside back cover.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

So Daemon Princes are losing Lash? They better have some neat abilities to make up for that!

So normally I don't post, but I thought this might be worthy of something. I might be reading into it too much but the Los Angeles battle bunker just posted on facebook that this Saturday they will be unveiling their new realm of chaos section (gaming boards they have been working on) and that they will have some more excitinging announcements.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast