BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

did there not used to be a chaos space marine bike squad available as well on the GW site? personally I am hoping that we see pics soon to show they have redone all the troops choices into a few plastic kits esp the basic chaos marine and noise marine sets! With a Dark Angel Librarian and Chaos Marine?! in the back of this months white dwarf does that mean it is looking more likely the starter set will come first then again like people have said here why release a starter set for models who's rules are being updated a couple weeks later exciting times ...
    http://malletman40kfantasyhobby.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

[URL="http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/release-confirmations-starter-set-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed:+Faeit212+(Faeit+212)"]Faeit 212 [/URL]

via Ravengardt here on Faeit 212
    this time I got something for you.
    and the where briefed. On two things. Yeah you guessed. 25.08. will be preorder date for the starter box. There will be a limited version with an Interrogator Chaplain. 08.09. will be the release date of CSM Codex.
    Things are starting to firm up!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Scout

Take a look at the pre-view of the new box set, and all reputable sources are talking about the dread being replaced by the hell-brute. The Hell-brute is just basically a daemonic dread that you can dedicate.

Brother-Captain

Boo, rampage. =/

I know it was a pipe dream, but I was hoping for something like a Thousand Sons sorcerer dreadnought.

Rampage isn't so fun...particularly when (at a glance) it doesn't look like this thing gets any benefit over loyalist dreads.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Boo, rampage. =/

I know it was a pipe dream, but I was hoping for something like a Thousand Sons sorcerer dreadnought.

Rampage isn't so fun...particularly when (at a glance) it doesn't look like this thing gets any benefit over loyalist dreads.
    Nope, not a whole lot of benefit. Just some different weapons, the abilities to get marks to give them a 5+ hull point recovery, rage USR, sonic scream (and we don't even know what that is) or whatever else. We also don't know what vehicle upgrades they can have, or the exact wording of the Rampage rules yet. We do know that it'll be about 120 points base, but that's comparable to other dreads base.

I predict, however, that the Hellbrute will be one of those big juicy kits that everyone will drool over, but that won't actually be that useful on the tabletop. Just like the Dreadknight. Everyone was gushing over that, but in the end... I certainly don't see it on any tables.

It's possible that after a points investment, the Hellbrute could become something decent, especially since it can potentially move AND run AND assault all in the same turn. That's like... 6 + 3d6" of movement? Max of 24 inches that you could get in one turn? That means someone, someday, is going to get lucky and get an assault first turn with that beast, and everyone is going to call it broken and cheese.

Even though the chances of getting that many 6's is... well, low enough to be ignored.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Nope, not a whole lot of benefit...We also don't know what vehicle upgrades they can have, or the exact wording of the Rampage rules yet. We do know that it'll be about 120 points base, but that's comparable to other dreads base.
    True. But loyalists get the same thing with a storm bolter in place of a combi-boltgun for 105 points, sans Rampage.

I know we don't have a full picture or anything, and of course I withhold final judgment - just not sure I like how it looks from here.

Your assessment of the model with regards to its kit and relation to tabletop performance could well be accurate. I know that no matter how good or bad it is, I'm going to want some form of dread for my Thousand Sons (contemptor, maybe...?).
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Faeit 212 reported that rampage is different

Apparantly now if you fall victim to it, you still shoot twice, but at the nearest enemy in range. If no enemies in range, then at your units. Failing that, he has to run at the nearest enemy and then can assault them normally
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Yeah Rampage seems to be useful in some ways! Especially the chance of 8 Twin-linked reaper Autocannon shots... :L

WAIT... Rampage is a USR? I am not saying it wont get crazed, but I reckon it'll also get the Rampage USR . Which could see a khornate dread with two fists get up to 9 attacks on the charge if your in a combat with Numerical Superiority (+ 1 for extra fist [I am presuming it starts at 2], + 2 for Rage and + D3 for Rampage)
    Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 08-19-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Chapter-Master

You guys have it mixed up.
    Rampage is a USR that the Hellbrute has which gives it D3 bonus attacks in a combat where enemy models outnumber friendly models.
    Crazed is the Hellbrute-specific rule that Chaos Dreadnoughts currently have and is being tailored for the new Hellbrute.

If you roll a Blood Rage result and have Mark of Khorne as well as a second power fist, you are looking at very early charges with potentially 10 attacks on the charge striking at initiative order, strength 10 and AP2. I would like to see a Loyalist Dreadnought that can put out that many strength 10 attacks.

As far as not having benefits over loyalist Dreadnoughts, I laughed a bit. This thing gets lots more attacks even without the second melee weapon, and can be a rifleman (albeit with shorter range) whilst still keeping the power fist. Add in marks to give it crazy stuff like flame storm cannons (heavy flamers and mark of Tzeentch) and you are looking at some nasty combos loyalists simply don't get. The only question is the costs on upgrades; as it stands, the 15 extra points looks to be worth it base, even with Crazed.

Fly Lord

Latest Rumored CSM Cultist Stats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSM-Cultist-Entry.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	2686
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast