BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I think there were far more options to be 'cheesy' back in the day, when there were more loopholes in the game. These days, they seem to know what they are doing and if its in the codex then just go for it.

Having said that, I am kinda tempted to run 2 squads of 5, DH Inquisitorial stormtroopers with 2 flamers or 2 melta guns in a chimera with heavy flamer turret and heavy flamer on the front, using up the 0-2 troop choices allowed in an allied DH army... then doing the exact same thing with the WH's allowed 0-2 troops in an allied army (since they are pretty much just the same troops choices but in different books), then running around with Vulkan and my twin linked heavy flamer razorback riding space marines carrying thunderhammers...

is that cheesy? >.>

No, it's not, as a matter of fact, for one reason: the dedicated transport for Inquisitorial Storm Trooopers is the old-cost chimera. The 70 point one, before options. That's their main issue -- otherwise, there not bad.

So if you don't mind foot slogging or paying that much, then go for it. You could probably do just as well with tons of marines, I'd think. (Rhinos for them are 50 points as well, just FYI.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234