BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Ig using dh allies: Too cheesey or not?

Well, do you think using IG with DH as allies is too much? Why or why not?

Scout

Hmm, looking at peoples reactions is a very good way to examine if you are to cheesy or not, try it, i did

Haven't really played against any opponent that allies DH with IG, but when i do im sure im going to shout "Cheese!" or something in that manner.

Initiate

Well I wouldn't say using DH with IG is cheesse. For me fluffwise its allright to have some Inquisitor with guard.
    DH with inducted guard are rather cheese IMO. Being able to buy new land raider as dedicated transport to inquisitor who costs about 20-30 points thats bit cheese... especially when you can field 6-7 raiders in 2000 pts and still be able to put about 300pts into mass guardsmen to have a lot of troops.

280 pts gets you 55 guardsmen, wich leaves 10 points for options
    Last edited by Tacoo; 07-31-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: woops 20 points, math fail

Evil Midnight Bomber

There was a time I might have said it was cheesy...but lately I've been of the opinion that "if it's in your book, take it."
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Initiate

As with many things in Warhammer, it depends how you do it and why.

GKT in a Valkyrie before it was FAQ'd? Yeah we know why someone would do that, and it doesn't make any logical sense. Similar thing for PAGK in Valkyrie.

An Inquisitor (of either flavour, HQ or Elite) with some buddies like IST and/or assassin support is fine. Even some GK's or whatever. It's hard to decide without the overall picture. It's a very subjective thing though, people can cry cheese at just about anything.

The IG platoon is one of their infantry choices. Its like crying cheese that Dark Eldar get...well anything. Those poor DE *******s.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
    GKT in a Valkyrie before it was FAQ'd?

Which FAQ is this in? Just had a quick look back over the ones on the website and I can't see anything

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Jipin View Post
    Which FAQ is this in? Just had a quick look back over the ones on the website and I can't see anything
    Not a standard FAQ, it was clarified in the 'Ard Boys rules this year and will probably end up in an FAQ eventually.

BTW: No, terminators can't be used in Chimeras either. hyper cheap transport for terminators: Not Yours.

//And in response to the OP: So long as you aren't trying to exploit rules loopholes, knock yourself out. CH has plenty to offer your guard, not the least of which is Terminator Armor and inquisitor retinues.
    Last edited by thecactusman17; 08-01-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Brother-Captain

I remember seeing a IC with terminator armor who was able to take a Chimera as a dedicated transport somewhere, but I can't remember where. I figured Terminators in Chimeras were A-OK after that point, considering that GW seemed to approve.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast