BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Scout

Eh, why would it be cheesy? What, spamming Guard options with GKs support? Is that really neccessary or more cheesy than Guard itself? I mean, GKs are quite overcosted.. To be honest, the only thing worth taking from DH dex are Inquisitor Lord with Mystics and the Calidus Assassin. Sure that can prove quite nasty, but still, cheesy? I'm glad people 'round here never use that word and just attempt to take on anything you throw at them with a smile.

And the other way around? Well, DH codex does have quite a hard time doing stuff itself.

Librarian

I don't think that Calidus Assassins are that great, actually. With most things hovering around Ld. 8 these days, the neural disruptor is a bit meh, the c'tan Phase Sword is at best a little ok, and the "anti-scout one enemy unit within it's own deployment zone" rule just isn't that useful in most situations.

Now, the Vindicaire is a different story. Thanks to his ability to take out vital commanders and models, he can be a terrifying choice to throw against Guard, Tyranids, Eldar and a number of other enemies. Plus, he has the ability to kill models that might otherwise prove an obstacle in close combat.

Chaplain

I think it's dodgy mainly because it's not what the designers were planning on when they wrote the codex.

eh, I think it CAN be cheese, when certain units are used in conjunction with eachother. Culexus assasin + psychers can be a little bit ridiculous. Callidus assasin + psychers vs. multi-wound models like nobs (insta-death them on 2's) can be a little over the top as well, though granted, using a callidus to insta-death a nob biker squad would be pretty awesome, that player deserves it :P

For the most part, if people use it 'responsibly', I think it's fine. DH is a weak codex in general, and can't really bring anything TOO crazy to the table, what with guard being pretty strong as it is.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by crazyredpraetorian View Post
    Well, do you think using IG with DH as allies is too much?
    No.

Why or why not?
    Taking allies is a legal choice to do.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    I think it's dodgy mainly because it's not what the designers were planning on when they wrote the codex.
    Uh, you DO realize that they were written as Allies to other armies, right? That a listing of their BEST unit choices (except Heavcy Support) is right there in the codex and can be teamed up with any loyalist Space Marines or Guard army?

I think that what the designers didn't intend was for the codex to not be updated for multiple iterations of the game.

"I think that what the designers didn't intend was for the codex to not be updated for multiple iterations of the game."

Agreed.

Battle-Brother

There is no such thing as cheese. Cheese is a weak players excuse. The codex gives you your limitations on force orginisation, why must people try to limit it more by calling something cheesey. If it is allowed by the codex then use it. THERE IS NO CHEESE, THERE IS NO CHEESE.

Battle-Brother

My guard are based around DH allies. I cant say that it is cheesy in any way. I have not got any complaints in my group, so i think it is fine. We do have an Eldar player that gets called cheese due to his 3 wraithlord list at 1000pts.

What would make them cheesy? The point sink in the GK's knd of makes up for it I think.

Brother-Sergeant

I could see it being called cheese if you were playing against a daemon army and took an Inquisitor retinue for the sole purpose of Sanctuary. THEN I'd call cheese. But otherwise, DH and WH choices aren't really all that great anyhow, so who cares?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast