BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Will you buy the 6th ed starter set?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ma'am.

82 58.57%
  • Depends on the quality of the miniatures.

17 12.14%
  • Maybe.

16 11.43%
  • No.

25 17.86%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

I voted no. I have no interest in any of the models, and lost my interest in playing 40k altogether for that matter. Hell I didn't even buy the 5th ed starter set for 40k with the Orks in it.

Battle-Brother

I play DA and CSM. I am excited to get both in one place. It's also nice because I can either give the small rule book to my friends (since I got a gamers ed for 6th so I don't want a small book) or have a back up rule book for those who can't drop $95 on one.

I am more looking forward to the undated dex for both, but always nice to add to the forces in the intern.

Initiate

Yes of course I'll buy it, then gloriously return to playing 40k for a few months, then probably lose interest and wait until 7th edition for the cycle to repeat.

Seriously though I always wanted to paint up a small Novamarine force and that's what I'll be doing with the Dark Angels, also the Chaos cultists look as though they will soon be my second favourite thing to paint behind Harlequins.
    Last edited by swervbe; 08-25-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Will there be a normal version of the box set which is cheaper, that doesn't have the interrogator chaplain, i would like it ,but just in case.

Yes, the first run gets the chaplain and is limited obviously, later runs will not have him.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbums View Post
    Will there be a normal version of the box set which is cheaper, that doesn't have the interrogator chaplain, i would like it ,but just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yes, the first run gets the chaplain and is limited obviously, later runs will not have him.
    Whether they will be cheaper is another matter. Given it's just one model, I doubt it. The whole limited edition thing is just to help boost initial sales.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

News just in, by the sounds of it there will be another run of the LIMITED EDITION box set towards Christmas.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Was notified yesterday that my SE set is on its way (read it this morning).

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chaplain

The set looks good, but to be honest I hate CSM and the Dark Angels are the last marines army I'd choose to build. So I definitely don't see a point in picking up the set.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

I've ordered the LE box and got talked into the figure case though I'm going to just try and return it when it gets to the store. Whilst I'll use the Dark Angels I'll probably never take the Chaos Marines anyway, and the foam inserts won't intermix with my existing storage systems.

I'm surprised that both still show as in stock though, maybe they aren't as limited as I thought, or the take-up is underwhelming?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast