Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
I'm pretty sure that the only effect of instant death is that the model dies, instantly, having it's wounds reduced to zero. The instant death rule in no way mentions that you get to roll FnP.

(emphasis mine)See, now there you have just added words to the rule.

A model that is 'immune to Instant death' is immune to having its wounds reduced to zero by an attack that causes ID, it does not make the weapon with the ID rule lose the ID rule.
No. I was clarifying my interpretation of the rule, the bit where I quoted the rule is in quote marks.

Anggul and Zeshin, you have a strong point here.

"Instant Death doesn't ignore FNP in it's effect, it's FNP which disallows itself against Instant Death causing wounds."
I was initially thinking along the lines of "Immune to the effects of ID means that the effect (in this case no FNP roll) is ignored".

That was my gut reaction to the rule, but as you pointed out "No Feel no Pain roll" bit is not an effect of Instant death or Eternal Warrior but an effect of Feel No Pain. It may still need a bit of clarifying in FAQ, but as it stands my initial view point has been proven incorrect.

Creatures with eternal warrior and feel not pain are quite tough enough already so I am quite happy that they wont get an "extra" save when you finally do hurt them!