BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Wolfguard in terminator armour/ long fang squad

So, imagine I put a wolf guard in terminator armour leading a unit of long fangs with (say) multi meltas and/or plasma cannons. As the wolfguard has the relentless USR, does this mean the long fangs can now move and fire at BS4?

So one guy has Terminator armour, and they all receive the benefit? Lol, no.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

The Wolf Guard has Relentless because he is wearing Terminator armour and so can not pass it onto the unit, if Wolf Guard came with Relentless then it would transfer to the unit he joins.

Quote Originally Posted by Diagnosis Ninja View Post
    So one guy has Terminator armour, and they all receive the benefit? Lol, no.
    I know this works with a mega armoured warboss and lootas, so it's not a completely stupid question. I think possibly this is due to the slow and purposeful rule rather then relentless, but if someone could clear this up that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtek View Post
    I know this works with a mega armoured warboss and lootas, so it's not a completely stupid question. I think possibly this is due to the slow and purposeful rule rather then relentless, but if someone could clear this up that'd be great.
    If that worked, then a Necron Overlord with the Phaeron upgrade wouldn't need to have the special rule specifiy that he gives Relentless to the attached unit too.

Relentless affects models with the special rule. It won't affect models without it. Long Fangs don't have it, so they can't move and shoot with rockets. Same with Mega Armoured Nobs.

Who said it works like that for Orks?

Occuli Imperator

It "works" for orks, as in they end up moving at the same rate as the slowest member, the meganob.
    Similiarly, if I attach a jump pack character to a terminator squad, the terminators do not become jump infantry and cannot move 12" in the movement phase...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

But moving as slowly as a Meganob is still moving. Hence, restrictions on Shooting stuff. It wouldn't transfer the rule to the unit, but they would still be affected by it.

Slow and Purposeful is different nowadays. You can't run, Stand and shoot at chargers, and some other things I can't remember, seen as I'm on my lunch break. The book isn't here, but I'm sure passers by can confirm.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtek View Post
    While not an entirely stupid question, you got the rules mixed up.

Mega armored warboss have Slow and Purposeful, if you read the description of S&P, it states something to the effect that, if one model has it, the entire unit is affected by both the pros and cons.

The description of Relentless on the other hand pegs it specifically to the model, and the model cannot affect the unit.

2 different rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelofblades View Post
    While not an entirely stupid question, you got the rules mixed up.

Mega armored warboss have Slow and Purposeful, if you read the description of S&P, it states something to the effect that, if one model has it, the entire unit is affected by both the pros and cons.

The description of Relentless on the other hand pegs it specifically to the model, and the model cannot affect the unit.

2 different rules.
    Great, this is what I was looking for.

Thanks.