BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tau with necron alies

Adrantis Union as mentiond in the old BOLS mini-dex "Macharian Crusade"

pdf link ----> [url]https://www.box.com/shared/2kdtqthn8a[/url]

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    You can't have two allied detachments at 1.5k.
    Only when your main force is at 2k and you have met the second FOC minimum requirements may you have a 2nd allied detachment.
    If you read the main rule book on page 110 under the Bigger Games section, it specifically says " if you are playing a game of 2,000 points of more, you can take an additional primary detachment" written in bold text. This means you could have 1500 points of Primary detachment, 500 points of secondary detachment. If the units were cheap enough, you could have a double FOC. 2 Primaries, 2 secondaries for 2,000 points.

However if you read Aramels post, there is a choice for either Tau OR Dark Eldar not both.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDesigner View Post
    I play Tyranids so I'll be allying with... wait a sec... *looks at list* Aw
    I have a friend who has the old BOLs Genestealer's Cult minidex. We let him use them as Allies of Convenience. The mind of the Queen Genestealer is linked to the hive mind. It however controls the Genestealer Cult, so they do what the Queens instructs them to do. I am sure you can modify the Minidex to suit 6th edition for local friendly games.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

First-Captain

You can only take one ally. You can't take two.

My problem with allies is the abuse. Here is an example.

#1 Eldar and Dark Eldar should not be battle brothers. Frick let's make Marines and Chaos Marines battle brothers. This is me playing since third and every thing said Eldar and Dark Eldar didn't get along. Now with 5th and 6th I am told they get along so they can be battle brothers. What ever. I strongly disagree.

#2 Grey Knights and Necrons are allies of convience and not at best desperate allies. Wtf. I know I didn't read the newer Grey Knight fluff. I was appauled with the sister killing and using their blood to fight daemons. Anyway the only reason this can make sense is Radical Inquisitors. However I still don't see it. I can see Radical Inquisitors using Necron weapons and artifacts no problem, but becoming allies with xenos is a bit extreme even for them.

#3 Tau and Space Marines. Tau and Guard makes sense due to Tau aux the Gues'la's. However Marines and Tau is a whatever. Also they are battle brothers. Maybe convience since they did join forces to fight another evil when they was in the middle of fighting themselves.

Some alliances really shouldn't even exist. The only reason I see them around is the fact humanity have like 8 differant factions that can ally with each other. To make it fair they allow for some stupid alliance options.

The only alliance options I think make sense is Dark Eldar's minus the battle brothers with eldar. I think Necrons should have a similiar matrix as well, or more like tyranids.

I ally sisters, grey knights, and guard a lot since you could had always done it way back in 3rd.

Pretty much what chicop said.
    I hate the current allies matrix with a passion, so much so my gaming circle has banned its use.
    It pretty much is a codex weakness healer.
    Ooob my army cant do A. so i will cover it using this allies codex.
    Yawn!
    Why not try fighting round your disadvantage???
    Nah that takes effort ffs.

Hates it i does my precious!

Librarian

I think the DE eldar battle brothers make sense if you consider DE as corsairs as CW eldar don't have the rules to really fit a corsair force.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDesigner View Post
    I play Tyranids so I'll be allying with... wait a sec... *looks at list* Aw
    True to the story, but a bit sad none the less..

Quote Originally Posted by BadTeef View Post
    It will be a full Ork force org with an Imperial Guard allied detachment consisting of a Primaris Psyker, some Vets, some Penal Legionnaires and some Leman Russ tanks.
    Great stuff! Looking forward to the lists.
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

might be some way to ally Imperial fists with necrons. Mabey Lysander chased some chaos space marines to a necron tomb world and they collaborate to destroy the chaos scum for both honor and to rid the pests from their world.

1500 pts

Lysander
    2 tac squads missle melta/w razorback srg with melta bomb
    sternguard in pod 3x combi flamer
    Destroyer lord
    10 warriors in ghost ark
    4 wraiths

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    I think the DE eldar battle brothers make sense if you consider DE as corsairs as CW eldar don't have the rules to really fit a corsair force.
    Like I said it makes sense if you ignore 4th-1st edition fluff.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Like I said it makes sense if you ignore 4th-1st edition fluff.
    Or if you use the codex to make a corsairs fleet as they were described in third and just not use any coven units and then its still fluffy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast