BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Necron bastion

Default Necron bastion

Hi ya,
    Still getting my head around sixth, but thinking that the Monolith makes for a great Necron bastion, it has an entrance, mounted "heavy bolters" and a lascannon equivalent, and some guys can stand on the top. I'm definitely going to proxy mine as such in the future. Just thought I'd share this idea as I stare at my Necrons over the four crypteks and two lords I've kit bashed. I have also been proxying a single Praetorian as Obyron, as I reckon that the model is more interesting than the Finecast one, which seems static and rather boring to me.

Back to dry brushing!

Chapter-Master

Could work, partic with some conversion. Cos you need to be able to stand on the top of the bastion
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Great idea, like a monolith that hasnt fully been turned on yet, the particle whip is only as strong as a lascannon...

Veteran-Sergeant

I like the Monolith Bastion idea a lot, but I should point out that you can equip them with whatever weaponry is closest to its Imperial equivalent. So you can use the four Gauss Flux Arcs instead of Heavy Bolters and the Particle Whip instead of a Battle Cannon (which I believe you can use in Planetstrike), or instead of an Icarus Lascannon. =D

Bodyguards spend the majority of their time guarding in a calm, low-key fashion, which is what Obyron's pose conveys: restrained strength. Head tilted down (intimidating), Warscythe held across his body ("None shall pass."). If you don't like it, that's cool, just thought I'd give an explanation of the pose. =)