BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Help! I need a victim!

Greetings: as a simple Xenos player I don't get my hands on many imperial models. However I just got the plastic Hive Tyrant kit, and was planning to put together a The Swarmlord and was hopping to set up a scene.

It's still in the planning phases, so I'm not sure if I'd like to just cram him on the MC base, or make a mini diorama of him. Ultimately I'd am hoping to have him sword dueling with some hapless imperial character. Does anyone have any recommendations of loyalists models which might make particularly good opponents (either competent or outmatched)?

I do have some models from AoBR, but I don't think they really lend themselves to swordplay....

Do you want to just have each character posed in a fighting stance, or actually have their blades connectiong somehow?

The Space Wolves Pack kit might be a good choice, lots of possible poses, bits, angry faces etc. Should provide trophies for your whole army.

Maybe have the Swarmlord snapping a Grey Hunter's chainsword in half with one of the bonesabres? Plastic would make something like that fairly easy.

Veteran-Sergeant

Black Templar Champion, either version would give you a very competent looking opponent. Also the Space Marine commander box can give you a good looking challenger. A Catachan IG trooper or two would probably look good as well.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Chapter-Master

how about either astroath or a model with a similar pose and have his axe being blocked by a bonesword? itd look really cool (and is quite cheap as opposed to buying sqauds!) however it would be quite hard to make stable (clear plastic rod?)

or getting a box of grots and having his stomping on them all! > (those models have nice expressions, and a lot of GD dioramas have used them, good insparation!)

or you could have him munching a rhino :P

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    how about either astroath or a model with a similar pose and have his axe being blocked by a bonesword? itd look really cool (and is quite cheap as opposed to buying sqauds!) however it would be quite hard to make stable (clear plastic rod?)

or getting a box of grots and having his stomping on them all! > (those models have nice expressions, and a lot of GD dioramas have used them, good insparation!)

or you could have him munching a rhino :P

-fuzz
    HAHAH! I just got a wonderful mental image of him ankle deep in screaming grots...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. If I keep the big ugly on his 60mm base, then an opponent would almost certainly have to be impaled, fallen, or locked in VERY close combat. If I'm more ambitious then it doesn't really matter how they're posed, as the models and scenery would be more likely to dictate their posture.

I'll have to look up these SW and SM kits...

Adeptus Custodes

Remember, any shouting head looks like its screaming if the model is turned away from the enemy.
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

Actually, on quick glance through the Blood Angels HQ, there are several which are pretty dynamically positioned.

Gabriel Seth in particular is a standout for combat about to happen. He even looks like he's facing off against a larger opponent. Hmmmmmmmm...