BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Of the few things that could make me miss seeing my local (American) football team playing live when they're not in town, Lindsey Stirling live is on the list... and October 27, I'll be seeing her live in town and catching the Jaguars game later. Grabbed a ticket the moment they became available.
    Lindsey Stirling was amazing in concert. If you get the chance, you have to go. Just an incredible show... the music, the performances, the visuals. Even the transitions when she was changing outfits worked into the show well. Oh, and it was just so fun seeing her and the two guys who do keyboard and drums performing video game themes like Legend of Zelda and Skyrim on children's instruments.

On a side note... Holy smokes, that woman is toned. I've never noticed it in the videos, but it was easy to see on stage. If you ever want to get in great shape, learn how to play a guitar while dancing all around a stage with multiple elevations, because that seems to work.

I also checked off another of my "want to see in concert" entries... Sabaton ended up passing through Florida, and were in Orlando at the House of Blues the Friday before the Lindsey Stirling show. Took the day off, headed down with my friend, almost fainted at the Star Wars shop (but held it together enough to grab a Black Series Rey, which I still couldn't find in stores, and Jyn Erso, along with a traditional sized Jyn, a set of the Rogue One characters, and a Rey ornament for my Christmas tree), and caught the show. Huntress was the first band on stage, which was... eh. Sounded too much the same with all their songs. Then Sabaton did a good selection, and the evening closed with Trivium because they're an Orlando band (and they're kind of generic metal, so not bad, but not enough to keep my interest past one evening). Seeing Sabaton live was as awesome as I thought it'd be... especially as they played Carolus Rex, my favorite of their songs, and To Hell and Back, my second favorite (lots of respect for Audie Murphy).

The only down side to those events was my friend couldn't bring along his boyfriend, because they started daying shortly before the concerts and by then the tickets were sold out. Felt kind of bad about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Within Temptation - What Have You Done
    YESSSSSSS.

These guys are at the top of my list of "must see in person" now that I've crossed off Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Delain, Sabaton, Lindsey Stirling, Shinedown (locals), and the Wallflowers (The Killers are next on the list after).

In 2008, when I'd first met the lady who'd become my closest friend, we talked about music and she directed me to this very song. I fell in love with it and that genre quickly became my favorite (leading me to Nightwish and the others). Within Temptation is an amazing band.

And let me just add one of my recent favorites, from Hydra, where they did a song with Tarja (formerly of Nightwish):

Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chapter-Master

Yeah I've not seen Sabaton put on a bad performance, whether it was 300 people rammed into a small club or 10-80k stood in a field.

I did have a look at lindsay stirling dates but I'd missed the UK leg of her tour, and there's too many complications in travelling with the SO *shrugs* maybe next time.

Saw the killers for free when they were just breaking out in the UK. very mediocre pop friendly. Maybe they've changed since then, I certainly wouldn't pay to see them.

Witihn temptation are amazing live, but they need their sound to be right, they tripped out all the relays at BOA when it goes loud in Ice Queen.

WT are the most average goth metal band. Even more average than Evanescence. Nightwish have been solid for most of the career, but have really dropped off with the last 2 albums. Epica are okay, but albums vary each time.

Chapter-Master

Having seen all of them live I'd travel and pay money to see within temptation on their own tour, be willing to pay to see nightwish but not travel as far, Evanescence were the epitomy of meh.

[QUOTE=Evanescence were the epitomy of meh.[/QUOTE]

hehe. True words. Whatever happened to them? i cant be bothered googling them.

Chapter-Master

Someone told me the only original member is the lead singer iirc, I've never checked XD

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp00DMy3aVw[/url]

Heavy - Linkin Park. I love the random!!!!!!!!!

[URL=https://www.magestore.com/order-fulfillment-management]Magestore Magento Opensource Order management[/URL] ---- [URL=https://www.magestore.com/webpos]Omnichannel point of sale solution[/URL]

[url=https://www.magestore.com/gift-card]Magento 2 Gift Voucher[/URL] ---- [URL=https://www.magestore.com/purchase-order-management]Magento Purchase Order[/URL]

[URL=https://www.magestore.com/webpos]Web based pos[/URL] ---- [URL=https://www.magestore.com/omnichannel-retail]Omnichannel software[/URL]
    Last edited by heimerdinger; 05-14-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast