BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Space Wolves and Psychic Powers

Space Wolf HQs cannot have the same wargear or psychic powers. I had a question about rolling for psychic powers with rune priests....what if two priests roll to have the same powers? Would I re-roll for a new power, or keep the powers that I rolled for?

Veteran-Sergeant

Unlike Fantasy, there is not limit to how many psykers have the same power. So yes, you could keep both in either case or swap the first for the primaris power.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramel View Post
    Unlike Fantasy, there is not limit to how many psykers have the same power. So yes, you could keep both in either case or swap the first for the primaris power.
    Page 81, "The Leaders of the Pack" rule, says that "no two characters may bear the same saga, nor may they bear the same psychic powers or wargear combination". (referring to HQs only)

I've checked the Errata too, and nothing shows up. So if you have two Rune Priests that have different powers they're legal in the list. If you roll before a game to get powers and they end up with the same powers, then I'd guess there's no "check" to see if they're still legal?

I can't for the life of me find any real RAW solution.

Chapter-Master

Cereal I see what you're asking, Aramel I think you miss the point.

Codex prevents you deliberately selecting matching powers, what happens if dice does it for you?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well it sounds to me like that applies only to Space Wolf Codex psychic powers, so my point stands. In any case the solution is simple. When you write your list you will purchase codex powers for your priests and then exchange them for rulebook ones before the game begins. Leader of the Pack just means that all your characters must have unique codex powers BEFORE you exchange them and roll on the tables.
    Donate to the Free Isha Fund today! Bathe regularly and help disinfect the warp with clean dreams.

Librarian

I'm with Aramel. if the dice do it its not breaking the rule.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yes, you may have two rune priests using the same rolled powers if you use the powers from the rulebook. It stated this point in the Space Wolves FAQ in page 6. Check the third question highlighted.