BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Cadia: the G.I. Joe to Chaos's Cobra

For your consideration.
    Cadia is the Emperor's highly trained elite special missions planet. Its mission, to defend the universe from Chaos; an evil terrorist organization bent on galactic conquest.
    I share this as the parallels are myriad and it gave my brother and I a chuckle. It's important to note, we only thought of the Sunbow version when this came up and I have no idea how close G.I. Joe was to Action Force.
    1. Chaos/Cobra are perpetually treated as massive threats that fail to get their massively convoluted plans into motion.
    2. Abbadon/Cobra Commander is treated as the greatest villain of all time but is never seen doing anything but sucking and yelling "Chaos (Cobra) Retreeeeeeeeeeat."
    3. G.I. Joe is made a bunch of scrubs (and a ninja) with mundane gear fighting dudes with super science, sorcery, pacts with filthy aliens, and hordes of disposable terror monkeys.
    4. Chaos/Cobra once tried to clone the ultimate leader (Horus/Serpentor) only for it to be destroyed by Abbadon/Cobra Commander.
    5. Cobra/Chaos is constantly thwarted by a group of guys whose sole duty is to sit around and stop them once they've started doing something.
    6. Cadia substitutes suspiciously well for G.I. Joe in the theme song. Seriously, pull up the animated movie opening and tell me that scenario/music doesn't fit.
    But who are the CSM characters in relation to Cobra?
    Abbadon- Cobra Commander
    Lucius the Eternal- Zartan (you know the Emperor's Children are Australian what with all the yelling oi and playing ACDC at all hours)
    Kharn the Betrayer- Storm Shadow (just don't know what side he's on and he's as subtle as a ninja all in white)
    Fabius Bile- Dr. Mindbender (his back pack screams I used to be a dentist, but now I'm an agitated scientist. Thanks ECPI!)
    Last edited by bfmusashi; 08-16-2012 at 08:46 AM.

That, or Creed is fabulous.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Surely the Space Marines or Grey Knights are the highly trained elite special missions.

Cadi is still a guardforces, they still rely on overwhelming numbers and huge loses. Just they're the best known

Sure Chaos equates to Cobra....but marines work better as GI.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Surely you mean the Deathwatch? You can't get more Spec Ops.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Just because there are guys who are more highly trained and elite doesn't negate their status as highly trained elites. You don't get Lego on Cadia, you get lasguns (I imagine they go together the same way). Besides, the Space Marines are too busy trying to look all cool and Dragon Balling everything to stop Abbadon's 4th Black Crusade. You know, the time he started a fast food franchise but all the signs turned out to be weapons aimed at planetary infrastructure.