BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Adam Hockenbarger View Post
    1) burden of proof means that chs has to prove nothing. The entire legal strategy of a defense team is to dance around the edges and poke holes in the case presented by the plaintiff. All proof must be presented by gws.
    I don't think English copyright laws work like normal cases in this regard, someone explained it better in a previous now vanished thread I believe.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Except the price increases are never 'across the board'.

Would have to take into account the overall sales, which I can't be bothered to do . also would have to consider the new kits released then. Example form earlier of Assault Marines. If figures include release of the BA plastics, that would have an impact on the one box, but no necessarily company sales. Particularly as the Death Company come with LOTS of wangy bits for chaptering up, without being left with half a kit.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I don't think English copyright laws work like normal cases in this regard, someone explained it better in a previous now vanished thread I believe.
    Irrelevant. This is an American court, and American court rules will be used. Burden of proof ALWAYS rests on the plaintiff. You don't see the lawyers wearing those stupid powdered wigs.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Adam Hockenbarger View Post
    Irrelevant. This is an American court, and American court rules will be used. Burden of proof ALWAYS rests on the plaintiff. You don't see the lawyers wearing those stupid powdered wigs.
    They've already decided it was being fought under English law.
    It's in the early papers.

Yup. To be concluded with CH being birched, and Tea and Scones for GW on the croquet lawn.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

If I wasn't already aware of how ludicrous and corrupt the legal system is, I would be amazed the judge didn't instantly rule in favour of Games Workshop
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

English copyright law, not court rules. Hence no powdered wigs. Plus, burden rest on accuser in Britain too. That's where we took that rule, though I've seen it disregarded in some cases.

Burden of Proof swings both ways (giggedy) CH have to prove they didn't rip off original artwork. Which is about as likely to me as the Pope claiming to be a rabbi.

Chapter-Master

The wigs are irrelevant, that's merely tradition. Yes in criminal cases burden of proof is required, but this is a copyright case. I'm sure someone said something about if it creates doubt than the defendant has defend their products originality or something like that.

Chapter-Master

I'm no expert, but surely British copyright law works on the same principle as all civil cases which is 'on the balance of probability'?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast