BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I may go in to business making dollars that are compatible to devices that use US dollars if this cases goes CHS way. The name 'dollar' is not unique to the US in any way, nor are coins and paper money. The imagery on the US dollar is not original in any way.

The court will have to be careful, as this will open a whole can of worms.

you can do that now but convincing people that they are worth something is an entirely different matter, money only has the value we assign it.

your money would be worthless...
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

The Chapterhouse brief is far better than GW's.

I would love to see GW finally be taken to task for all the years that they have bullied individuals and small companies like Chapterhouse.

The GW brief is not good at all.

I take it you want GW to go out of buisness then?

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I may go in to business making dollars that are compatible to devices that use US dollars if this cases goes CHS way. The name 'dollar' is not unique to the US in any way, nor are coins and paper money. The imagery on the US dollar is not original in any way.

The court will have to be careful, as this will open a whole can of worms.
    But the $ is copyright of KISS, in certain curcumstances as it is the name of the label they created.

I do not have a problem with making unique scultps that are compatable with GW stuff, my issue is that some of these are arguably not unique.
    Remember the Verve's Bittersweet Symphony, Rolling Stones argued that the main riff was plagarised from them and the court case awarded all royalties and songwriting credits to them.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sainhann View Post
    The Chapterhouse brief is far better than GW's.

I would love to see GW finally be taken to task for all the years that they have bullied individuals and small companies like Chapterhouse.

The GW brief is not good at all.
    What, taking other companies to task for using their intellectual copyright without permission? How dare they! No one has a problem with other companies selling after market bits that are compatible with GW products, there are loads of small design studios that do it. CHS just did it in a way that flagrantly breached intellectual copyright law, when it would have been perfectly easy for them to market their products in a way that did not.

Chapter-Master

Wading through the pages of bumf, yes my evening was that exciting, the GW case cites more convincing examples or at least explains their position better, the CHS one seems more vague...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

In the beginning i believe GW just wanted CHS to change the names, now that it's gotten this far i would not be surprised if they want CHS to pay legal fees and then shutdown.

Chapter-Master

Did you see the charges listed on their expert witnesses? they're paying more than a grand an hour for them, so what do you think they're paying their actual barrister?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

The real matter onto this is that Chapterhouse DIDN´T USE another names for their bits and miniatures!!

Instead of calling them: space marine shoulderpads, or so, just call them another name... and the problem should have been solved long ago!

But no, they wanted to have their greed and provoked GW also releasing a Tervigon, and with the copyrighted name...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast