BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should super-heavies (with GW datsheets; no custom jobs) be usable in regular 40K?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Armies should be allowed to take them, with super-heavies taking up a Heavy Support slot.

7 23.33%
  • Yes - Armies should be allowed to take one, using the army's Fortification slot.

7 23.33%
  • Yes - Armies with access to them should be allowed to take one, using up no army slots..

4 13.33%
  • No. This would be game-breaking madness on a par with Grey Knights in 5th!

3 10.00%
  • No. This would just be bad.

9 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Should super-heavy vehicles be usable in normal 40K?

Well?

Scout

Yes, because I heart Baneblades.

I'd be okay with it since the relationship between Hull points and Struture points makes them a bit less intimidating. Maybe restrict them to double FOC games, though.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 08-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Chaplain

I wouldn't begrudge someone the chance to field their Baneblade above 2000 points, with the superheavy fielded as its own detachment.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Librarian

I think the issue with Super-Heavies is the split fire function that "gun-boats" like the baneblade can offer, or the issue of taking up a large enough foot print that there won't be much room left to deploy/ move around on a normal table size, aka Titans.

Chapter-Master

whats the diffrence between 10 paladins, a techmarine, dragio and a warhound?

a warhounds easier to kill :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Brother-Sergeant

No. This would be bad, because I don't need a valid excuse to splurge on a Stompa.
    "The Axe Mortalis is clearly a guitar, blessed and sanctified to perform the Emperor's Holy Rock. It is only a mundane axe to the boring and uninitiated." (bfmusashi)

I'm not sure it is a good idea. Someone brings a baneblade to a 2000pt game, then their opponent brings a Revenant titan, the result would be tears. With Apocalypse you at least know what you are getting.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Isn't it called Spearhead?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Yep, Spearhead ahas a datasheet thingamie that allows you to take a single super heavy tank, but Spearhead is an expansion not regular 40k.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast