BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Those are some very appropriate "squee's."

The gaming market just got that much deeper.

Agreed, I was all enthusiastic about the Britannians (my DW faction of choice) then I saw that and decied I'd better buy and paint a little Prussian force before DL is released, because I need her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Ah, I saw a few pictures on Beats of war earlier today, but theres more on here I have not seen so thanks for that! it definitly gives a better representation of the game.

I find this a very exciting move for Spartan. I think DW is their best game/mythology so it's really cool to see them expand it out into a whole new game. The models look pretty great too!

the standout miniature for me out of all of those is definitly that Female pilot! fantastic figure with a lot of character!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I quite like the Britains, especially that CHAP with the 'tache.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

Damn Eldargal you beat me too it. I saw the sheets showing the miniatures available for purchase from the suppliers today in my local gaming store. Luckily I checked if anyone had posted about it before posting myself.

I do not know how they will get the naval stuff to fit in a 28mm game, so maybe it will just be the infantry, and the smaller tanks and walkers. I do not think the larger tanks or land carriers could fit onto a table and move around easily. LOL

It would be a nice skirmish based infantry game concept though. If it uses modified basic dystopian wars rule, that allow for skirmish based combat, I think I would enjoy it.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Librarian

Are they also releasing a new side army for standard Dystopian wars, Aliens or something?

[url]http://www.studiosparta.co.uk/[/url]

This link has lots of stuff on it, and the invaders section looks like the pictures and hinted article they had on the tripod monster that hunted ships in the mist was a hint at this expansion to the normal game.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Yes indeed, H.G. Wells forward slash War of the Worlds inspired aliens. As someone who has actually read WotW as opposed to knowing about it just through that truly, truly revolting Hollywood remake from a few years back I'm quite excited. Naming one of my Britannian cruisers Thunderchild.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

You mean the one with TOM CRUISE!?!?!?!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Yes.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    Are they also releasing a new side army for standard Dystopian wars, Aliens or something?

[url]http://www.studiosparta.co.uk/[/url]

This link has lots of stuff on it, and the invaders section looks like the pictures and hinted article they had on the tripod monster that hunted ships in the mist was a hint at this expansion to the normal game.
    Huh...interesting site, so it is sort of like a FW "sub company" or that does more niche stuff, glad to see firestorm invasion finally come out - i like those figures more than dropzone commander personally, hope they expand out and do the rest of the races.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 08-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yep, just like FW, making cool things which can be safely ignored if you prefer. So the aliens aren't officially part of the DW universe but you can have them if you want. And who wouldn't want to? Serioulsy. H.G. Wells was a tabletop gamer for gods sake, it was meant to be.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast