BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yes.
    Tom Cruise is an arsehole.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Yes, yes he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Tom Cruise is an arsehole.

Aha:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep, just like FW, making cool things which can be safely ignored if you prefer. So the aliens aren't officially part of the DW universe but you can have them if you want. And who wouldn't want to? Serioulsy. H.G. Wells was a tabletop gamer for gods sake, it was meant to be.
    I know right? Personally I'll be considering them an official faction. My Grandfather used to play "Little wars" even!

Spartan's quickly becoming one of my favourite wargame companies - great selection of stuff, great backround, lots of cool games....with Firestorm invasion and Dystopian Legions, they have five games now! pretty impressive considering they are still quite a young company.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Tom Cruise, one of the two actors whose movies I generally have hated. Leonardo DiCaprio is the other one.

What Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds. Great Movie (sarcasm just oozing from every word). Best acting, and that blood looked so real. LOL.

What if Spartan Games/ Studio Sparta got a deal with Call of Cathulu designers or some other similar gaming system, that cold be modified to fit into the Dystopian wars gaming system? They could make some really wicked armies.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    Tom Cruise, one of the two actors whose movies I generally have hated. Leonardo DiCaprio is the other one.

What Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds. Great Movie (sarcasm just oozing from every word). Best acting, and that blood looked so real. LOL.

What if Spartan Games/ Studio Sparta got a deal with Call of Cathulu designers or some other similar gaming system, that cold be modified to fit into the Dystopian wars gaming system? They could make some really wicked armies.
    That last part just BLEW MY MIND.
    I'm on a Cthulhu bender at the moment.

I agree with your first statement, and also Leonardo DiCaprio has a rule; he always cries in all of his films. (much like Sean Bean dying in all of his films)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Anything BUT Cthulhu please - he is by far the most boring and overused Old one of them all, the McDonald's of Lovecraft monsters. If they wanted to add something 'craftian to DW there are far more interesting creatures and deities to go for.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Anything BUT Cthulhu please - he is by far the most boring and overused Old one of them all, the McDonald's of Lovecraft monsters. If they wanted to add something 'craftian to DW there are far more interesting creatures and deities to go for.
    What would you use then? Suggest a few ideas, What would you use for tanks, fliers, land tanks, warships and submarines etc?

You obviously know Lovecraft's works, so suggest a few alternatives.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    What would you use then? Suggest a few ideas, What would you use for tanks, fliers, land tanks, warships and submarines etc?

You obviously know Lovecraft's works, so suggest a few alternatives.
    Land-tanks - Massive shoggoths would work well, especially in the DW scale. Shoggoths should be massive abominations anyway, you can even link their awakening into the backround through the Covenant of antarctica unwittingly uncovering the elder thing city.
    EDIT : This guy's pic is perfect for what I envisioned : [url]http://eclectixx.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4rr7r9[/url]

Another land-tank possibility could be Chthonians, these could be done like the small tokens that have the small tanks on them pretty well. They are basicly squid-like worms, so you sculpt the two worm bodies first then do the entrails-like tentacles on the ends. Simple and effective and would look great next to the larger land-tank sized Shoggies.

Fliers - You could go for Flying Polyps, you could have small ones for the flier tokens and larger ones for the Planes. Alternatively you could have night-gaunts or Byakee as flyer-tokens but I never really liked those ones much myself. Another option could be Star Vampires, or Mi-Go - allthough I think the latter would be too small for DW scale.

Warships - could be done as large floating structures that look neither organic or manufactured, you have the weird geometries, or go for materials like Coral. You could even lovecraftian esque weapons sticking out of the sides. You could go for something along the lines of how Paul Carrick did the Pipers of azathoth in that the instruments are actually an organic component that is part of the ships overal shape.

other unique units could be things such as the windowless black towers the polyps built, but mobile and able to float above the ground acting as a unit that can be used on land/air/water.

For submarine equivilents, i'd say a depiction of Dagon along the lines of this would be awesome : [url]http://www.sotatoysonline.com/images/IMG_7404.jpg[/url]
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 08-19-2012 at 10:06 PM.

There iare some new 3d renders and concept art up in [URL="http://www.spartangames.co.uk/galleries/dystopian-legions-gallery"]DLs Gallery[/URL]

It's all just great...

Did I forget to post the Prussian Faust robot? I think I did:

Want October to come already.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

wow, I don't think they need to be worried about it being a success. That's an amazing model.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast