BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Premeasuring! How do you feel about it now?

So premeasuring is in, and has been for a few months (since 6th came out in fact :P)

How do people feel about it now they actually use it (or have it used against them) in a 40k game?

With random charge distances and bits im' finding it quite good.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I love it! Means that I'm not wasting firepower where it isn't needed.

I like having options, allows for greater tactical and strategic accuracy.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

I like it. Although every so often I forget to use it, curse you edition slip. It was always one of my complaints that you couldn't know ranges when here and now we have range finders.
    I think it works very well with the random charges as with definate charge ranges it would make everything a little too predicatble.
    Though it can be frustating, enemy 8" away, roll charge length 5 & 2, ah ha jump infantry, re-roll, 1 & 1. D'oh
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I'm loving it, and have been abusing the heck out of it. My new favorite minigame within 40k is to kite melta units with my Annihilation barges, always staying 17" away from them. I've also thoroughly enjoyed deploying exactly half an inch out of range of my enemies heavy weapons when deploying second.

Besides as a means to be a little bit more tricky I find that it is also very helpful because i'm nearly blind in my left eye and as such my depth perception/ ability to guess ranges/ measurements leaves much to be desired. Overall I think the switch was a great move on GW's part.

Chapter-Master

I keep forgetting to use it, but then again, as a fairly experienced player, especially playing most of my games on RoBBs, it's not too often I need it for shooting, and I can usuallyguage what I need for an assault, only measuring for clarity with my opponant. As a guy who often teaches new/returning players, I do find it handy for allowing them to check when i know they are shooting at something that will be just out of range without having to bend the rules though.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

I don't really need to use it. Only times I use it is when "its close".

Over 20 years of not being able to pre-measure, I can pretty much eyeball any distance up to 36"

While I've not been measuring distance for 20 years, I can eyeball distances too.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

Some people have issues measuring things.

So 6" movement, so I can move this far?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milliband.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	2385  
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Well 6" is relative to your measuring stick and what you're used to.

Thats why my guys move 6" and end up halfway across the table. In Hammer and Anvil deployment....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

How rooode

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast