BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

(I had to repost this as DISQUS blitzed on me on the blog. Meh, whutever. You can find Night Lords, Alpha Legion, and Dark Angels there already)

Iron Warriors:
    All gain the 'Entrenched' special rule. In addition, 1-3 Vindicators/Whirlwinds may be taken per Heavy Support Choice. In Apocalypse, the Iron Warriors will gain a single Orbital Bombardment for free.
    Entrenched: The Iron Warriors player gains d6 Barricades at the start of any game, which must be placed after deployment but before the first turn is made. In addition, all units will gain a 5+ Cover Save during the first game turn.

Imperial Fists:
    All gain the Stubborn and Stealth special rules. In addition, 1-3 Thunderfire Cannons may be taken per Heavy Support Choice, and 1-3 Dreadnoughts may be taken per Elites choice. In Apocalypse, the Imperial Fists will gain Bunkers for free.

World Eaters:
    All gain the Furious Charge, Kill Them All! and Rage special rules though they will ignore Vehicles are not Open Topped for this. In addition, all models must replace their Bolters with a Khornate Chainaxe.
    Khornate Chainaxe: This is a CCW which will also remove 1 from any armour save that the opponent takes in close combat against a World Eaters unit - e.g. if a 3 is rolled, it becomes a 2 and so on.
    Kill Them All!: The World Eaters will gain +d3 Kill Points or +1 Objective if, by the end of the sixth game turn (at max), they have wiped out 75% of the opponent's army.

Word Bearers:
    All models in the army will gain the Demagogue special rule. In addition, Sergeants will automatically gain Locator Beacons for free, and Summoned Lesser Daemons may be taken in the army.
    Demagogue: Enemy Units with line of sight to a Word Bearers unit will suffer from -1 Ld (note that this extends to rules such as Mob Rule - +1 Ork is required for Fearless etc). If a Word Bearers HQ or Named Character is within Line of Sight of a friendly unit, that unit will gain +1 Ld.

Thousand Sons:
    All models in a Thousand Sons army will count their weapons as -1 AP - for example, Heavy Bolters become AP 3, Bolters AP 4 - and will also gain the Slow and Purposeful special rule. In addition, all Sergeants will have access to the 'Minor Psychic Powers' described below, and all HQ choices will automatically be Psykers which have access to the 'Major Psychic Powers' also described below.
    Minor Psychic Powers: A model with access to these powers may select a single power at the beginning of the game before deployment. This does not cost any additional points. A single power may be used per turn unless otherwise noted. Powers: Doombolt, Warptime, Avenger, Force Weapon.
    Major Psychic Powers: A model with access to these powers may select up to 3 powers at the beginning of the game before deployment. This costs +30pts for that model unless noted. Up to 2 powers may be used per turn unless otherwise noted. Powers: All SM powers, All CSM powers (except Nurgle's Rot and Lash of Submission).
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Fly Lord

I just love the Thunderfire cannon, and could see then used in the Heresy era as a artillery battery of 1-3 manned by a techmarine and servitors. It just seems cool, but I'm uncertain if they should be generic, or assigned to some individual Legion.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Talking what dex is being used

What dex is being used or is it both
    if just C:SM make it like so
    Dark Angels: abe to take more plas+ mortis dreads (plas vets)
    Emperor's Children:vets with powersword+ storm sheild funky rules cheaper tactical squads
    Iron Warriors: some ig tanks 4 heavy support, thunderfire (seige vets)
    White Scars: uberbike vets?
    Space Wolves: own dex
    Imperial Fists: venerable dred upgrade (powerfist vets)
    Night lords: raptors, infiltrate (jumpy claw vets
    Blood Angels:baal pred, furiso , (jumpy sword vets
    Iron Hands: bionics thunderfire, mini knight (techmarine vets
    World Eaters: bezerkers, furiso dreads, free drop pods
    Ultramarines: extra CCW (gladius) bolter ammo (uber stern guard)
    Death Guard: poison weapons, poison dread(poison vets)
    Thousand Sons: lots of psykers
    Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves: wolves dex
    Word Bearers: chaplins fanatics cults (chaplin vets)
    Salamanders: better flamers, Flame dread. (fire vets)
    Raven Guard: lots of drop pods+jump packs (wing vets)
    Alpha Legion: infiltrate (sneeky vets)

my ideas i know chapter tactics changes the way a army plays but a shiny unit makes it look diffrent as well

fuzzbuket
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

Legion V - White Scars
    All Bikers in the army will gain the Skilled Rider and Hit and Run special rules, and may be taken as Troop Choices. Sternguard Veteran squads may be mounted in Bikes for +12pts per model - their Bikes will benefit from the special ammunition. Devastator Squads may be mounted in Attack Bikes for +15pts per PAIR of models (combining to make a 42pts basic figure with Heavy Bolter).

Legion XIV - Death Guard
    All units gain the 'Dogged Determination' special rule. A Maximum of 0-2 squads per type in the Force Organisation chart may be mounted in vehicles (for example, 2 troops, 2 elites etc). Death Guard Terminators also gain the Heroic Intervention special rule.
    Dogged Determination: Units with this rule may choose to become Slow and Purposeful in any turn - in this case, they will gain Feel No Pain and Stealth during the opposing player's turn. Tactical Squads must, however, spend +5pts to purchase any Heavy Weapons.

Legion IX - Blood Angels
    All units gain Stubborn and Preferred Enemy (Opponent Army). In addition, Vanguard Veterans become an Elites choice, Assault Marines become a Troops choice, and Sternguard Veterans may be purchased as a retinue instead of a normal Command Squad. Characters from the Blood Angels codex may be used in Codex: Space Marines.
    In addition to these, a new unit is introduced - Death Company. Use the stat line in the Blood Angels codex, but each Death Company will be purchased for +20pts per model. There is no limit to the size this Death Company may have excluding that the number of models may not exceed DOUBLE the total Kill Points available in the army. Death Company count as a single Fast Attack choice, but do not give any Kill Points when killed.

Legion X - Iron Hands
    All Iron Hands gain the Bionics special rule. Masters of the Forge may be given a Command Squad, and two of them may be purchased for each HQ choice.
    Bionics: Models with this special rule are 'placed on their side' when killed. At the end of that Game Turn, however, the controlling player may roll a d6 for each model on the side (roll separately, of course). On a 6, that model is returned to play with a single wound.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

I have two that i thought of

First up,
    World Eaters - 12th legion:
    "Under the tutolege of thier primarch, Angron, the 12th legion has mastered the art of close combat and given butchery a whole new meaning. Once they were called Eaters of Cities, but no more...Now they are Eaters of Worlds.

All space marines of the Twelfth legion suffer from the berserker implants given to them by angron. All space marines in the army have the Rage and Furious Charge universal rules. Any Squad equipped with jump packs may Thunderhawk Assualt.

Thunderhawk Assualt
    Instead of using Drop pod assualts, the members of the twelfth legion prefer to ride into battle in Thunderhawk gunships, Jumping into combat as the pilot sweeps low to the ground. Any squad equipped with jump packs may choose to thunderhawk assualt for 50 pts per squad. If they Choose to Thunderhawk Assualt, they deploy as per the deepstrike rules with the following exceptions. On the turn they come into play they may fleet(as the universal rule) instead of shooting as long as thy end nearer to thier closest enemy. Also The squad will be able to assualt on the turn they come into play.

Next up is the Dark Angels Caliban Style.
    This uses the horus Heresy book Fallen Angels for reference, so if you have not read it you may be confused.

****Spoiler Alert*****

Do Not read if you have not yet read Fallen Angels and Plan to do so
    I will try to keep as much hidden as possible while still having a decent explanation

You have been Warned

Dark Angels Calibanite Rengades: The 1st Legion
    "Once a devout follower of Lion'el Johson,The exiled Sar Luther, the master of Caliban, has foresaken his Oaths to the primarch and the emperor. Using Horus Lupercal's betrayal to buy time, he has taken control over caliban and imprisioned the Terrans of the Imperium. He now looks to sorcery and the chaos powers to help him prepare his world for the attacks that will surely come.

The Dark Angels of Caliban of opened the way of treachery and heresy. Sar Luther and Cypher as well as others have openly renounced the Emperor and have sought knowledge in forbidden books and Tomes about the Warp. Luther plans on using his control over the warp and deamons to fight off the emperor's troops when they come. Any Calibanite Renegade Army may include 2 Librarians as a single HQ choice. They may not have the same power combinations or wargear combinations. The warriors of Caliban contain only those Dark angels that were exiled there over 200 years ago when Caliban was newly discovered, and new recruits. To represent this any "veteran" squad is an 0-1 choice in the army.

I am not sure what the current SM veteran squads are called, but i thnk they are sterngaurd?

End of Spoiler

Tylermenz

Librarian

Legion VIII - Night Lords
    All units gain the Stealth, Move Through Cover, and Outflank! special rules. In addition, Command Squads or Honor Guard may purchase Jump Packs for +5pts per model, and all Assault Marines become a Troops choice. Finally, all models with Jump Packs gain the 'Terror Tactics', 'Swooping Slice', and 'Raptor Talons' special rules.
    Terror Tactics: Enemy Units engaged in close combat with models with this special rule will take a -1 Leadership modifier - this is -1 for each such unit. However, this comes at a price - always use the lowest leadership in a 'Terror Tactics' squad for leadership checks.
    Swooping Slice: Units with this special rule gain +d3 attacks on the charge instead of the usual +1, and will also gain +1 WS on that turn as well.
    Raptor Talons: If a unit with this special rule ends its turn on a piece of Difficult Terrain, they will not take Dangerous Terrain tests - unless it actually does happen to be Dangerous. In addition, Impassable Terrain will count as only Dangerous.

Chaplain

I think the challenge is not to squeeze all Legion-Special-Rules into one chapter tactic. Therefor I try to keep it simple.

Legion I: Dark Angels

They are usually described as stubborn or fearless. The Plasma-Thing is overrated, i think.
    I PH they are seperated in the lion-part and the caliban part.

If you take Nemiel (an early chaplain) as HQ choice all chapter tactics are replaced by the following special rules. All DA are stubborn (i assume, that terminators are fearless already) and all Elite and Fast-Attack choices are subject to the Liturgies of Battle-Special Rule - as described in codex: sm

Legion III: Emperor's Children

Perfectionsism. Arroganz. Early Noise Weapons.

If you take Eidolon as a HQ choice all chapter tactics are replaced by the following special rules. Arrogance: EC led by Eidolon will not use the "gone to ground" rule. In close combat, the EC count as having KG +1 in the first round of combat. All Vet. Sgt. are able to buy a doom siren for 15 pts.

Legion IV: Iron Warriors

As we all know, these are the siege-guys. What do we need for a siege? +1 on penetration-rolls for bunkers? thats fine, but not so useful in normal 40 K games. How about stubborn, fortifications and heavy artillery?

If you take Forrix as a HQ choice all chapter tactics are replaced by Siegemasters. All IW became stubborn (i assume, that terminators are fearless already), all weapons with a strength above 8 are subject to the usr tank hunters and in additon you benefit from the "bolster defense" special rule as discribed in the codex: sm.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Chapter XIII: Night Lords

Konrad Kurtz, 325 points
    WS 7, BS 4, S-5, T-5, I-5 , A-3, W-4, Ld 10, 2+/5+
    Feathered cloak (counts as Jump Pack), Lightning Claws, artificer armor, 5+ invulnerable save due to primarch status or somthing, eternal warrior

Chapter Tactics: The Night Lords are renowned for their sudden strikes, assaulting their foes by surprise and receding from combat as fast as they strike, leaving their foes terrorized. All Night Lords may exchange combat tactics for the "Scout" and "Hit and run" Universal Special Rules and, in addition, all units take -1 in leadership tests incurred by close combat against the night lords.

-------------------------------

I'm testing this out tonight. If this was not a pre-heresy nightlords setup these abilities, in my opinion, would probably be over-powered as all-get-out, but, due to the decreased combat effectiveness of space marines vs. CSM I think that these USR's will prove to be not so imbalanced.

Whuddya think?
    Last edited by Kungfuhustler; 10-02-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Legion 19: Raven Guard the 1st chapter that get's the least ammount of love (They don't have an emblem in the drop pod kit even though that's like their thing, or anything in forgeworld, I mean they don't even have their own decal on the transfer sheet and everyone else does). So I hope they get some love here. I think they should stick with the fleet special rule, but add hit and run because as Shadow Captain Kayvaan Shrike said: "From the darkness we strike, fast and lethal, and BEFORE OUR ENEMIES CAN REACT, darkness there and nothing more. And since they are more adept with drop pods than any other chapter I think they shouldn't have to roll to scatter with deppstriking.

Legion 17: Word Bearers I really like the pious and demagogue ideas of the previous poster and the one about having better chaplains and able to summon daemons, but I'm going to add one more I think they should be able to take some sort of fanatical cultists as well.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Warboss Spleenstabba View Post
    Legion 17: Word Bearers I really like the pious and demagogue ideas of the previous poster and the one about having better chaplains and able to summon daemons, but I'm going to add one more I think they should be able to take some sort of fanatical cultists as well.
    Thankfully BoLS has already thought of these fanatics...

Look at the Crusade of Faith (I think? years since I looked) apoc formation in the Age of Heresy book. I think that Word Bearers should gain this as a Troops choice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast