BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default BoLS UK Playdate 2013: The Official Thread

Hello all,

This is the thread to organise and finalise details on the first EVER BoLS Playdate UK meet.

Who's attending: (comment below and your name gets added to the list)
    - Fuzzbuket(hopefully!)
    - Tzeentch's Dark Agent (moderator)
    - Mr Mystery (primary organiser)
    - Wildeybeast
    - Denzark
    - ALShrive
    - energongoodie
    - DrLove42 (possibly)
    - Wolfshade (possibly)
    - Sotonshades
    - david5th
    - Night System

--------------
    When is it?
    Q1-2 2013

-------------
    What is it?
    WARHAMMER 40,000
    Bring as many points as you wish, Mr Mystery is bringing 3000 points of Necrons, Tzeentch's Dark Agent will bring Necrons or Space Marines
    *games will probably be around 1000,1500 or 2000 points*
    Apocalypse game at the end?

-----------
    How to get there:

Warhammer World is near Nottingham train station, [URL]http://goo.gl/maps/YAbqd[/URL]
    There is a Premier Inn nearby, if people want to go halves on twin rooms to make it cheaper organise that between yourselves

---------

That's it

I hope to see you all there!
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 09-26-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Me, I say 1k points would be easier, means more games/less stuff.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

If we are about doing it in the new year, there's no point organising dates yet as WHW calendar only runs till the end of the year.

Unless someone can be bothered to organise a 'not a tournament but still an organised gaming system' I suggest picking a points value and everyone rocks up with an army and a list and we go from there. I'd be happy to play Warhammer or 40K or both depending on what others want to do.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I really only play 40k, my budget is too low for Fantasy.

1000 points sounds good.

I say up to 2,000. Seeing as it's not intended as a competitive event, we can always point down or just have multiple lists for different points ready to go.

Seeing as it's my baby, I'll get in contact with WHW next week, see if I can book out some tables for next year. And yes I will be attending!

As for system, I think keeping it 40k for now would be best. We can always arrange a Fantasy one afterwards!!!

And we need a tagline for it......

UK Playdate 2012 - We've got big BoLS is my suggestion.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-19-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I agree with all those points!

TDA - Using your mod powers, any chance you could pull some strings to have something put up on the main BoLs front page once I've managed to set a date?

BTW, I'm thinking March/April time meself. Gives plenty of notice for those who need to book time off work (trust me, travelling on the Friday before would be advantageous!) and of course, better chance of booking hotel rooms that far in advance, likely for a better price. Which helps.

Hotel wise, I've spent many pleasant evenings in the Day's Hotel in Nottingham, which GW put visiting staff up in. Lots and lots of Twin Rooms there, so ideal for keeping costs down overall. I'll stop short of block booking the rooms though, but it's a solid little hotel, and used to housing us geeks.

I'm thinking we cane it all day Saturday until they turf us out, with drinks in Bugmans after, and for us hardcore nerds, if people bring boardgames and CCGs etc we can continue in the hotel lounge. Or just nick off up the Pit and Pendulum for a little rock and more drinkies! In fact I think warm up boardgames on the Friday night for those using a hotel, full on gaming Saturday, followed by booze and that Saturday night??

Now thinking common sense rules....If you are under 16, bring a parent, especially if you intend to stay over night like a hardcore gaming nutter! I dunno about anyone else, but although I am CRB checked and clear (again, another one for new job) I don't much fancy being responsible for someone else!!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

The only dates bad for me are 10-11 and 17-18 nov - what was being talked about in the other thread!

New year OK.

Reckon 1500 - GWs very own tourney speed list cost.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Regarding points, as I like big games, and to avoid the problem of an odd number of attendees, I'll bring 3,000 of Necrons. I reckon most people can do 1,500, and if they can't now, they have plenty time to up it

Closer the (yet to be set date) I'll be looking to start up a register of confirmed attendees. This is primarily so we can ensure nobody is left behind at any point, and all stick together all the time, especially those under 18!

To make this as manageable as possible, I'm thinking we may want to consider a cap on numbers. I'm thinking 20-30 for the first attempt, as we don't want to book out the hall (it's free though.....so possible, but very date restrictive) but do want to make sure there will likely be enough free tables for us to play on with minimal amounts of people sitting one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    TDA - Using your mod powers, any chance you could pull some strings to have something put up on the main BoLs front page once I've managed to set a date?

BTW, I'm thinking March/April time meself. Gives plenty of notice for those who need to book time off work (trust me, travelling on the Friday before would be advantageous!) and of course, better chance of booking hotel rooms that far in advance, likely for a better price. Which helps.

Hotel wise, I've spent many pleasant evenings in the Day's Hotel in Nottingham, which GW put visiting staff up in. Lots and lots of Twin Rooms there, so ideal for keeping costs down overall. I'll stop short of block booking the rooms though, but it's a solid little hotel, and used to housing us geeks.

I'm thinking we cane it all day Saturday until they turf us out, with drinks in Bugmans after, and for us hardcore nerds, if people bring boardgames and CCGs etc we can continue in the hotel lounge. Or just nick off up the Pit and Pendulum for a little rock and more drinkies! In fact I think warm up boardgames on the Friday night for those using a hotel, full on gaming Saturday, followed by booze and that Saturday night??

Now thinking common sense rules....If you are under 16, bring a parent, especially if you intend to stay over night like a hardcore gaming nutter! I dunno about anyone else, but although I am CRB checked and clear (again, another one for new job) I don't much fancy being responsible for someone else!!
    I concur with those points too!

Yeah, I'll get this advertised when it's more set in stone. We need a good camera to take pics on the day.

As a Mod for BoLS I feel that I should probably be responsible for the younglings.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast