BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

That would be great. With measurements! Y-wing should be 5.9cm long if they are doing the scale right.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

It all turned up on Thursday and have opened it just for you

Here is a quick photo for size comparison.
    I have not had a chance to play yet, or even read the rulebook. I shall read it today and report back later. Promise
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA018619.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	2950

Here is one with a ruler.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	size.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	2951

If you include the sensors at the front it's pretty much 5.9 cm bang on.

Ever since the forum update i can't seem to get pictures to work. I can only post a link.
    When I go to post an image it says invalid file. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA018619.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	2952  
    Last edited by energongoodie; 10-01-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks, they look nice and while not quite as large as I hoped still large enough. Especially with that level of detail and a paintjob that seems rather good.

To add pictures you need to add them as attachments as you've done, then take the attachment URL and edit it into the post with image tags, like this:
    [IMG] [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2951&d=1349106515[/url] [/IMG]
    Without the spaces. Also uncheck the 'retrieve remote file and...' option.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Heroine!
    I tried it without the unclicking before. Thank's for the knowledge bomb.

They're not bad are they. I'm just looking through the rules and different pilot cards now.

Do post feedback when you play the game too, it would be nice ot have some idea how it works. It will influence my purchase, originally I was going to buy one of everything but I'm not sure if it would be worth having three TIE Fighters and two X-Wings and everything else, or just stick with the starter set options. But I heard the expansion TIE and X-Wings have different pilot options...

Librarian

A mate of mine bought 2 box sets and we played a few games the other day. The minis look quite nice, but not overwhelming. The rules set is simple, and very similar to wings of war, but not exactly like it. Individual fighter craft get different stats and cost different amounts. have varying initiative levels depending upon the stat card, and the game plays quite quickly.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

FFG have a [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuhwSma960Y&sns=em"]video tutorial here[/URL] which I haven't had a chance to watch yet.

As they are adding different pilots and such, if they give an option to tkae [URL="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Civ%C3%A9_Rashon"]Cive Rashon[/URL] I will be so pleased.

Librarian

They got the B-Wings, and some of the tie Interceptors in the local shop yesterday. Also some of the tie fighters, and X-wing fighters had better stats on their cards, but cost more points than those with lower initiative, or less abilities.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Librarian

Very fun game very simple rules, bit underwhelmed by luke skywalker. and you really need to know your left and right....

Second wave has been [URL="http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3721"]delayed until February[/URL], so now Millennium Falcon or TIE Interceptors 'til then.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast