BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chaplain

I played a few games of this the other week.
    Different pilot skills have a huge difference on the outcomes of games.
    Whilst we wait for certain boosters to come back into stock, we are making up numbers with "stunt doubles" (a mix of old Micro machines and Star Wars fleet battles fighters - they had the same mouldings) for spare x-wings, y-wings, TIEs, etc.

One guy in our group managed to snare a full set of the first wave (and I've got an old F-toys 1/350 scale Lambda class shuttle we use instead of the card marker).

FLGS is supposedly getting some new stock and a small amount of wave 2 next month (rep seemed convinced, anyway).
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    As they are adding different pilots and such, if they give an option to take [URL="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Civ%C3%A9_Rashon"]Cive Rashon[/URL] I will be so pleased.
    Quoting my own post from ages ago, I know, bad form, but I just realised my above wish for Cive Rashon to be included was already fulfilled by FFG:

Howlrunner ir Cive Rashons' call sign, so yay!

In other news, I expect I am getting a present of X-Wing for my Christmas present as my brothers were quite firm that I not purchase it for myself.
    Last edited by eldargal; 12-21-2012 at 07:55 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Does it have Tie Defenders?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

No Tie Defenders at the moment but expansions will continue to come until most ships are represented. Currently they have;

Imperials - Tie Fighter, Tie Advanced
    Rebels - X-Wing, Y-Wing

First expansions will add the following (expected Jan/Feb of 2013);

Imperials - Tie Interceptor, Slave I
    Rebels - A-Wing, Millennium Falcon

I can't stress how much fun this game is to play. It works off of the Wings of War theme but tweaks it to work a little more fluid and fit the Star Wars technology level better.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

A lot of people are expecting TIE Bombers and B-wings for wave 3 and maybe TIE Defenders and E/K-wings. Problem with that is that there is nothing much for them to bomb, personally I'm hoping for Defenders, so pretty...

I've heard it is really great to play, bit cranky I've not been able to play it yet.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

I've bought pretty heavily into X-Wing. I lurves it so! I am really looking forward to Wave 2, I've gotten to hold the Millenium Falcon in my hands... I want one sooo bad...

Rumor has it that Wave 3 will be:

Imperial Shuttle
    TIE-Bomber
    B-Wing

plus a 4th ship that may or may not be the Z-95 Headhunter to round out the Rebels for the wave.

There are still a TON of TIE varients they can do for the Rebelion Era, but they are quickly running out of Rebel ships.... E-Wing and K-Wing are about it...

I just hope they dont abandon Rebellion Era too quickly before we start seeing Republic era ships...

I think some of the smaller corvettes such as the Corellian Blockade Runner are within the realm of possibility. I'd like to see them get up to this size on the current scale (the corvette is about 3.5 times the size of the Falcon).

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it is a good idea but I'd shell out some cash for one. Hard part would be finding an Imperial counterpart as even their common corvettes were super-sized. Although they too used Corellian corvettes so you could just make a rebel and an imperial version (but that is rather bland).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Quoting my own post from ages ago, I know, bad form, but I just realised my above wish for Cive Rashon to be included was already fulfilled by FFG:

Howlrunner ir Cive Rashons' call sign, so yay!

In other news, I expect I am getting a present of X-Wing for my Christmas present as my brothers were quite firm that I not purchase it for myself.
    Howlrunner is one of my favorite TIE pilots in the game. I take her in just about every list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    I think some of the smaller corvettes such as the Corellian Blockade Runner are within the realm of possibility. I'd like to see them get up to this size on the current scale (the corvette is about 3.5 times the size of the Falcon).

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it is a good idea but I'd shell out some cash for one. Hard part would be finding an Imperial counterpart as even their common corvettes were super-sized. Although they too used Corellian corvettes so you could just make a rebel and an imperial version (but that is rather bland).
    Actually if they keep the scale right a Corellian Corvette would be 55cm long:

1/270 scale:

Y-wing: 16m
    Corvette: 150m
    Nebulon B: 300m
    Mon Cal Cruiser: 1200m
    Imp Class I SD: 1600m

Y-wing: 5.9cm
    Corvette: 55cm
    Nebulon B: 1.1m
    Mon Cal Cruiser: 4.4m
    Imp Class I SD: 5.9m

Probably a bit long for FFG to produce at an affordable price, but who knows.

Actually if they keep the scale right a Corellian Corvette would be 55cm long:

1/270 scale:

Y-wing: 16m
    Corvette: 150m
    Nebulon B: 300m
    Mon Cal Cruiser: 1200m
    Imp Class I SD: 1600m

Y-wing: 5.9cm
    Corvette: 55cm
    Nebulon B: 1.1m
    Mon Cal Cruiser: 4.4m
    Imp Class I SD: 5.9m

Probably a bit long for FFG to produce at an affordable price, but who knows.
    Could release it as a convention special like Wizkids does with some of their bigger heroclix.
    Cap. ships could be just paper "terrain" features with gun emplacements.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast