BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Necrons regen after instant death

Just a quick question having played against Necrons with the re-animation protocol rule can models that have been suposedly vapourised by a lascannon still re-animate? sounds full retard to me.

Yes they can, they may get back up after nearly anything.

It may be that they teleport replacements onto the field.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks for the quick reply I thought as much even if it does sound stupid, maybe if I send wave after wave of conscripts they will reach their kill limit and shut down

Well, he still has to make those 5+ rolls (4+ with orb) it's actually very similar to feel no pain but both have pros and cons over the other.

It's worth noting it's really not all that different from the last codex. It's just that now they can always stand up regardless of what killed them, but their chance to do so is lower. If they're in range of a rez orb, it's exactly the same effect as being in range of a rez orb in the last codex.

The old codex at least said they could sometimes regenerate even from molten slag.

Brother-Sergeant

Reanimation Protocls is nice in that you can get up after dying to any type of attack/shot making it nicer than FNP in that regard. However, the downside is that unlike Feel No Pain (which is taken right after wounding), Reanimation Protocols can be denied if you force the unit to run away (i.e. fail a morale check) or if you kill all the guys in the squad.

Also, I thought that the new Res Orb only works on guys in the unit with said Orb.

Res Orbs don't have a range, they only work on the unit the Overlord/Lord is in. The cool thing about the reanimation rule is you can survive a D weapon :P