BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DA Rumours

Why am I suspicious of DA once again being the first SM codex out of the gate with a new release?

OK I GET IT, Dark angels are the first founded chapter, the big brother... But REALLY GW? Dark angels were first out the last edition too and look where that put them. I really hope that taking skyfire shot upgrade doesn't compleatlely exchange the normal fire ability. I doubt that there are any (really) good reasons for removing the standard shots, If they can carry frags and kracks, why not just allow the player to choose one of them to be removed? Or are the missile laucher completely adapted for skyfire targeting? :S

Lets just hope being first out this time around isn't such a bad thing.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Rajden View Post
    OK I GET IT, Dark angels are the first founded chapter, the big brother... But REALLY GW? Dark angels were first out the last edition too and look where that put them. I really hope that taking skyfire shot upgrade doesn't compleatlely exchange the normal fire ability. I doubt that there are any (really) good reasons for removing the standard shots, If they can carry frags and kracks, why not just allow the player to choose one of them to be removed? Or are the missile laucher completely adapted for skyfire targeting? :S

Are you kidding? Do you know how ridiculous that would make missile launchers? Give them AA and AV? No. I think their is going to be more to the Skyfire rules perhaps something to do with Skimmers and Fast Vehicles. Perhaps something along the lines of the launcher itself being equipped to target things faster then a normal tanks.

Brother-Sergeant

Nothing wrong with them giving up the ability to effect ground targets to shoot down aircraft. You think ML spam is bad now? Give them all three missles and you'll never see another type of heavy weapon in a marine army.

Quote Originally Posted by Subexarch View Post
    Nothing wrong with them giving up the ability to effect ground targets to shoot down aircraft. You think ML spam is bad now? Give them all three missles and you'll never see another type of heavy weapon in a marine army.
    Leaves more for the Imperial Guard.

Seriously, IG players would love it as it would make the Russ king of the tanks.

Asmodai coming back? Good news indeed! Our current psychic powers getting changed? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I haven't used a librarian since the current book gave us these crap(in my opinion) powers and have been annoyed since the BAs got our old ones plus better and actually useful options! As for the Tempest, seeing as I have three already I would love to have them in the new book but actually be able to field them without argument and possibly lower points cost The DAs got me into 40k in 2nd edition but the change in fluff and rules have made me play eldar and IG far more, looking forward with a truck of salt that they fix the book. Who knows they might even give artificer armour to more than techmarines and special characters

Default ??

What about Brother Bethor!?!?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rajden View Post

Uhhh...
    Dark Angels were a 4th Edition Codex.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by thingol View Post
    Why am I suspicious of DA once again being the first SM codex out of the gate with a new release?
    Unless chaos hit us mid September then I think DA could be next, just looking at the inside rear cover of this months WD.
    1st legion too.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Uhhh...
    Dark Angels were a 4th Edition Codex.
    Indeed... DA Codex dates from 2006, 5th edition came out in 2008.

So DA "again" being the first codex of an edition ???? Didn't happen in 4th, didn't happen in 5th...let's see about 6th
    Last edited by Eberk; 08-25-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast