BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DA Rumours

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    Indeed... DA Codex dates from 2006, 5th edition came out in 2008.

So DA "again" being the first codex of an edition ???? Didn't happen in 4th, didn't happen in 5th...let's see about 6th
    The rumor is that chaos marines and renegade guard codeicies will drop first late September or early October followed shortly after by dark angels.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by incenerate101 View Post
    The rumor is that chaos marines and renegade guard codeicies will drop first late September or early October followed shortly after by dark angels.
    Rumours maybe, wouldn't be the 1st time GW have sprung a surprise on us though. I kind of hope it's DA tbh
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant

The thing about it is chaos rumors have been around since 5th and with all the new models coming out for demons as well it's kind of heart lifting to start having hard evidence of it all xD but both will be fun. A full fallen army would be sick xD

Librarian

I've read before that the DA codex was the prototype for the SM codex. Then the next SM codex came out and all but invalidated the DA codex. Free/cheaper weapons and combat tactics. I hope that this doesn't happen again.

Chapter-Master

Faeit says they'll be revamping the Heavy Bolter stats. Unfortunately, supposedly they're just making it a Salvo weapon so you have an Assault 2 option, or something to that effect, which means heavy bolters are still pretty much useless on just about everything that can actually take them.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Do we have any more information about the implications of the picture in the penultimate page of white dwarf? Have DA's replaced CSM as the next most likely release?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Faeit says they'll be revamping the Heavy Bolter stats. Unfortunately, supposedly they're just making it a Salvo weapon so you have an Assault 2 option, or something to that effect, which means heavy bolters are still pretty much useless on just about everything that can actually take them.
    According to the salvo rules though that 'assault 2' option wouldn't permit assaulting after firing and would only be at half the weapon's full range, however...in this case 18". Bleh.

I think heavy bolters should have pinning.

The rule doesn't crop up enough in the game and it would at least make heavy bolters quasi-interesting...plus I can just imagine the shells those things spew really encouraging one to keep their head down.
    More instances of pinning throughout the game would at least make the rule more relevant, seeing as pinning checks are pretty easy to pass for most units anyway.

I just have this fancy notion of being able to suppress units with a 4x heavy bolter Devastator squad...I love the models.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

I think heavy bolters should have something that makes them not suck. Pinning or not, move and shoot or not, a mere three str 5 ap4 shots when you can upgrade to a much more potent weapon instead is pretty much worthless.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Maybe Salvo 6/4, Pinning?

I dunno. Something to make them relevant would be pretty great though.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Maybe Salvo 6/4, Pinning?

I dunno. Something to make them relevant would be pretty great though.
    How about keeping them just the way they are.

They punish my Eldar pretty badly as it is.

A Baal predator makes quick work out of a squad of Dire Avengers pretty damn quick.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast