BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Dreadball Kickstarter up and running.

The 'Dreadball' Kickstarter campaign is up and running. I've jumped in straight away. I think it's gonna be massive and I love it when a stretch goal is unlocked.

I am a massive Blood Bowl fan and am not looking at this as a replacement, just a new game that happens to be similar in it's concept.

How about you guys?

[url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dreadball-the-futuristic-sports-game[/url]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	958eab846e2a3c5ecf24c8bddc098dc1_large.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	2416
    Last edited by energongoodie; 08-24-2012 at 07:53 AM.

I like it, but is it just me or do those helmets look similar to something.....
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Hmmm...

Great concept, nice models which is refreshing from Mantic, but I think they might bump into pledge fatigue with Reaper Bones and Relic Knights ending in the next few weeks.

Also, I'd be much, much more likely to pledge if there were a female team or at least the option to have female players. I see there is female star player planned but that doesn't really do it for me personally.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

This looks cool, my mates and I tried to come up with Blood Bowl 40k when we were back in school, there were some issues around the cost of players ...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

Also, I'd be much, much more likely to pledge if there were a female team or at least the option to have female players. I see there is female star player planned but that doesn't really do it for me personally.
    There is a robot female ref? Does that count?
    2 hours in and they've got their 20k.

It's a start.

Another thing concerns me. Are the extra two teams added to hthe boxed set or not? If so, like th referee is, then the value of the basic 80 pledge increases. If not, the 80 pledge is really overpriced. But if they are added, then what is the point of the 150 pledge? 70 more for two star players, some digital books and your name in the supporters list? Not good value, not clearly set out.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

The extra two teams are ONLY in the 150 pledge. Which, IMO, makes it vastly overpriced.

www.queencityguard.com

Yep, if that is the case I won't be pledging. 17 miniatures for 80 is frankly absurd right when Reaper are offering 200+ for one hundred and Dark Vengeance will be coming out with 60 odd for a similar price. 33 or so for 150 isn't any better. The sculpts aren't that nice either. Even taking into account that this is a board game, Sedition Wars provided 51 lovely miniatures for 100.

If they don't re-think this approach I think they will stall at after a few days and see a very dissapointing end to the project (though it will of course get a boost in the last few days as they all do).

First-Captain

I completely agree that the pledge pricing structure seems a bit odd.

I went for $150. So I am paying $50 extra for 2 teams, which I think we can assume will be $20 each like the others, and an apparent $10 for a digital copy of 'Creating Dreadball'.

I am hoping that it will make sense when more stuff is unlocked and hopefully the $150 pledge mark will have some significance in what extras you get. If not it is a bit bobbins as I am not bothered about a digital book, I just wanted the 2 extra teams.

Maybe, but for it to make sense surely some things need to be added to the basic box to increase its value. But if not the other two teams, then what? It can't be the star players as they are already bonuses for the 150 mark. It just seems silly.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast