BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

agreed. I think those (the female necromancer and the Elf Mage queen right?) are pre-Remy who did the DreadBall teams, Veer-myn, Enforcers and Corporation so I can see these being much better. time will tell i guess, but at least we can have an impact of them through pledging on kickstarter because from what I've seen they really listen to feedback.

I just hope they get the sculpts or WIPs of them ready to show before the end of the KS, I want to see them before I pledge for them. Also the female team is coming when they hit 175 according to the latest update.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

sounds sensible, i want to see the updated concept art and the gameplay video

Iron Father

The thing with all of Mantics lines of models, they just don't seem to offer anything we haven't seen before. Nothing new and nothing really original. Space Rats just look like skaven, forgefathers (i actually don't mind these) are obviously there to grab the squat fans and everything else just seems a bit stale.

I dont want to compare them to GW but its obvious just by the models alone thats what mantic are aiming for. This dread ball is a fine example of doing something already done but admittedly with a twist. For me though the twist is not enough.

I understand the actual gameplay of dreadball has had some good reviews, but I prefer to paint so this makes little to no odds to me anyway. I especially don't like seeing repeated sculpts as is seen in all the teams. Alessio Cavatores time at GW is all too prevalent and he needs to do something a bit more original.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

alessio has nothing to do with DreadBall or the models though

Iron Father

well its obvious where they get their inspiration from
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Dreadball has hit 200k unlocking 'Season 2' or something, with more teams and MVPs on the way. Including Wyn Greth'zki:

Woo, Geth! Now if Dreadball makes an Asari style team I will pledge for EVERYTHING.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

So they got bored of copying GW and now copying EA.....

Save the complaints for if they don't make an Asari lookalike team.

Librarian

I wouldn't mind as the artwork is great, but i always find there models only half as good, must be very frustrating for the artists. Even the name shows how blatant the inspiration is, I don't mind companies who take inspiration and make it unique but when you just copy and paste...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast