BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Ive been keeping an eye on this one. the current value for striker doesnt wow me. If it leaves more to be desired im going to wait for retail. Being able to play two human teams against themselves is cool but id like the extras to be a bit more appealing. Still 30 days to go. So we'll see.

If they do the acrylic pitch and bases then ill be a bit more interested...

I have to agree, it's a decent amount of stuff but for ten less you can get Jack and pay 20each for the extra teams. It is improving though, I believe Mantic said there were more Striker only things in the pipeline.

There is also this acrylic game board as a buy in, 80 I think:

No interest in it myself, I'd much rather have a terrain piece with hex patterns marked on, if it were nice enough I'd happily pay 100 or more for it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

John Doe unlocked:

140k stretch goal reveled, hex bases:

155k stretch goal revealed, MVP Number 88:

Striker apparently gets all the MVPs included and a free spur of hex bases which makes it a better deal than I had realised.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Cthulhu Rugby? What is this?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

No interest in it myself, I'd much rather have a terrain piece with hex patterns marked on, if it were nice enough I'd happily pay 100 or more for it.
    What kind of terrain piece?

Through the $140K as well and they doubled up on the promise of how many bases were included which I approve of.

cthulhu rugby
    Haha, it's an alien guard that entangles it's target rather than slams it. Some cool background on the website:

[url]http://www.dreadball.com/Johndoe.html[/url]
    Last edited by Black Nexus; 09-04-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Some kind of scifi plastic playfield, to make it less like a board game and more like a representation of SpaceFootball. Like a Bloodbowl arena.

Chapter-Master

You know, I keep looking at it, and nothing about this has me impressed. I'm ambivalent about the sculpts (though I certainly think the Cthulu one is very, very stupid) and--and maybe I'm just overcritical--I really dont like the game designers steadfast refusal that the game is anything similar to Blood Bowl.

Yeah...I just have no interest :-/. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a good GW boxed set game will be coming out for its 25th Anniversary this year.

www.queencityguard.com

Female team concept, if they can pull off some decent sculpts I might pledge for them:

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Female team concept, if they can pull off some decent sculpts I might pledge for them:
    should happen, sculptors are pretty good. i know I'm upping my pledge.

I wish I shared your confidence, while I agree that the Dreadball sclpts are rather nice, Mantics few (two?) female sculpts to date are really apalling.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast