BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who are the nerdiest nerds in 40k?

Thousand Sons are likely the nerdiest Space Marines of all time, but in the wider view of things do Eldar beat them out? Is there any other factions who even come close to the heretic chapter willing to kill fellow Astartes to save books and think about fractal patterns as often and with the same intensity that Russ thinks about killing?

No way.

When not on a mission, the Space Wolves sit around the Fang playing "Settlers of Mackan" and "Fenris: The Gathering" all day.

Eldar aren't nerds, they are the 40k equivalent of iFashionistas. Arrogant with pretty tech that is both more expensive and inferior to everyone elses. Asurman is actually Steve Jobs, but you didn't hear it from me.

Damn I just put myself off my own army.

Space Marines aren't nerds either, can't be a nerd and at the same time have muscle tone and be able to crush a normal mans skull with your fist.

Tau are the 40k nerds. Weird looking, no good in a fist fight and smell funny.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Dunno how you decided 1K Sons are Nerds....they like information sure....but they also destroy everything.

Tau are the Nerds for the above reasons ^^. Or the AdMech...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

AdMech are far too sinister to be nerds, they are dweebs.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Tau are the 40k nerds. Weird looking, no good in a fist fight and smell funny.
    Is that in their special rules like a psytroke grenade..

Tau seems to fit the bill. Makes one wonder if, similar to the origins of the ship in Galaxy Quest, their battle suits look the way they do (and fire 1,000s of tiny missles) because of old anime broadcasts.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by thefremen View Post
    Tau seems to fit the bill. Makes one wonder if, similar to the origins of the ship in Galaxy Quest, their battle suits look the way they do (and fire 1,000s of tiny missles) because of old anime broadcasts.
    Countdown to Aun'va's concert imminent.

Librarian

personally the AdMech strike me as more dell Tech Support, a long winded way of saying nothing and getting nowehere. as for the nerds, well in my opinion it has to be the Inquisition. the quiet genius' who always used to go unnoticed sat in the corner- and then got a bit a complex and decided to kill everyone!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Brother-Captain

Thumbs up

It sounds to me like we need some objective criteria for this. What would you say is the hallmark of nerdom? Are we distinguishing geeks from nerds?

Here are some things that I'd say are typical for nerdlingers, and what races (in my opinion) are most likely to exhibit the behavior:

Paint Miniatures -------------------- Eldar, (Tau?)
    Play Collectible Card Games ------ Any Imperial (Imperial Tarot), Eldar, Necrons (specifically Trazyn)
    Unhygienic -------------------------- Orks, Chaos, Ad Mech
    Cosplay ------------------------------ Eldar (Harlequins), (Ad Mech?)
    LARP --------------------------------- Eldar (Harlequins), Chaos (They literally NEVER break character)
    ANIME ------------------------------- Tau (BIG TIME), Eldar
    Play MMO --------------------------- Eldar (Infinity Circuit), Ad Mech
    Obsessive Compulsive ------------ Eldar (Aspect Warriors)
    Attend Conventions --------------- Eldar (Craftworlds - seriously)

I am detecting a pattern here.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast