BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default has the warp ever clamed one of your figurs?

you probably all have your horror stories about loosing one of your precious miniatures , this is mine.

With my renewed interest in wh40k thanks to the new 6ed i did a quick look on Ebay for more guards ,luck was with me as i won the bit for a Steel legion infantry platoon an a very resealable price ,with that i could play a standard game with all legionaries.
    they came in last Friday and in my excitement i unpacked my legionaries but apparently all 3 of my officers have gone missing , i have been tearing up my apartment up all day trying to find them , i even unpacked my orks in they off chance they took them hostage but no luck.

at this point i pretty much given up hope of finding them , at least until i move to a new apartment and find them in some forgotten corner.

so got any lost stuff story to share ?

Chapter-Master

I took some marines to GW Norwich back in the 90's. I had a squad of really well painted Red Scorpions, in the red and black 'Angstrom Incident' paint scheme. This was well before forgeworld.

One of them, an RT model with a Shuriken Catapult, never came back.

Long missed.

Although obviously by the warp, I mean it was claimed by a thieving *******.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Right now I'm looking for my wallet, which seems to have been claimed by the warp...

Back in the ancient days of 2nd edition, I had a Leman Russ that was painted and otherwise made up to be Orky (they could take them straight with no problems). When I walked away from the game it went into the attic with everything else. Fast forward to 5th edition with me digging everything back out and it VANISHED.

Same with a Chaplain on bike (actually he was riding a squat low-rider bike-it looked really cool)

I still have faith I will find these missing guys someday. I swear I keep finding old epic Warlords everytime I look.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Librarian

The warp has never stolen a miniature from me, but my brother did grow an extra dice from his set one day, the warp does some fun stuff sometimes.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Battle-Brother

Certainly not that epic, but I was in an apartment building that went up in flames (no one died and very few minor injuries.) My apartment was terribly water and smoke damaged but not fire damaged. I managed to get all of my 40k stuff, save for every single codex up to date and a ton of old ones like Angels of Death, but a single Rhino was in a closet that couldn't be accessed due to instability of the building.

So that one single Rhino suffered the terrible fate the rest avoided. I will miss you Rhino....well I did until 6th ed came out.

i had an ex-girlfriend going deamonette on me does that count?

Longstory short:
    Me and my ex broke up, was a bit nasty to say the least after i teared up her car she decided to go deamon on my blood angels chapter (yes a chapter)
    For instance she decided to use a blowtorch on my thunderhawks who where melted down to slag and use a hammer on the rest of my collection. i can tell you that hurts alot. Alot of the models where bought by my oldest brother who died few years back.

made me quit warhammer for 3 years.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by olberon View Post

Longstory short:
    Me and my ex broke up, was a bit nasty to say the least after i teared up her car she decided to go deamon on my blood angels chapter (yes a chapter)
    For instance she decided to use a blowtorch on my thunderhawks who where melted down to slag and use a hammer on the rest of my collection. i can tell you that hurts alot. Alot of the models where bought by my oldest brother who died few years back.

technically that would be a demonic incursion, where there any survivors?

Chapter-Master

Longstory short:

I wonder if what you did to her car made her quit driving for 3 years?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Longstory short:

Sounds like you should quit dating rather than Warhammer!

I've never lost a model, but I frequently lose dice. It's especially infuriating when they are from a dice cube and you end up with an unfilled cube.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast