BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Librarian

i have an easy way to do the head.

mask off where you want to keep detail, then score about 5mm in where you want empty space.

drill a hole in the middle then add super glue it should melt naturally as if acid has eaten it perfect for tyranids.

the scores should prevent the super glue crossing over to the bits you want, just do it in stages as it will stink releasing cyanide gas..... good for a sick day though LOL and also may clear any nasal congestion

Still no clarification in the 'nids using quad defence line guns in the FAQ but it did state defence lines are all one piece which is a bit annoying. i liked the idea of spreading them out two pieces at a time, that says 'battlefield debris to me'. you're not always going to find one single unbroken defensive line now are you? Anyway, latest update on the quad gun, it's built with some Milliput detail added but most of the Chitinous plates and things that will make it Tyraniddy still to come [[URL="http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/nids-part-52-terrain-is-everything.html"]more detail on the blog[/URL]]:

Next lot of tidbits to intrigue and excite you - time for the quad gun to put it's LBD on to cover it's current nakedness:

Last pic has my scuttling adrenal glands looking for an symbiote host but you can read more about it, download free foamcard .pdf templates and gaming markers at the blog.

Chaplain

This is a wonderful series of projects. You are the first example of mycetic spores I've seen which are incorporate large ripper tentacles, as I put on mine! Everything is looking great, and as a big bug player, I'm going to keep my eyes on this thread =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    This is a wonderful series of projects. You are the first example of mycetic spores I've seen which are incorporate large ripper tentacles, as I put on mine! Everything is looking great, and as a big bug player, I'm going to keep my eyes on this thread =)
    Cheers, although mine only has 5 tentacles when there should be 6! One got shot off

latest update on the defence line and they are finished construction and ready for painting:

Also of note is that despite GW not making it Magenta to represent a change in the FAQ the Tyranid gun emplacement rule was clarified[ish]

Q: Are Tyranid units inside buildings (i.e. the Bastion) subject to
    instinctive behaviour tests? Furthermore, are they able to manual fire
    emplaced weapons or weapon emplacements?
    A: No to both questions.
    So only autofire. Now, according to the previous argument Defence Line guns don't get the autofire rule, they're only really mentioned in the buildings section. So this currently feels like a total waste of time on the quad gun. However, my buddies spoke to the Warhammer World events team today and asked about it and they said they that it could autofire, which isn't so bad given it's twin linked but I still feel shady about using it in the October Throne of Skulls tournament. Last thing I want is to argue the toss over it and have to produce a couple of tournament lists just in case.

I get the auto fire intuition - you paid points for it, back in Planetstrike they could auto fire - but I really see no rules argument for it. A quad gun is battlefield debris according to page 114, not an occupied building. Even bastions don't get auto fire unless there's somebody inside them.

Quote Originally Posted by dwez View Post

So only autofire. Now, according to the previous argument Defence Line guns don't get the autofire rule, they're only really mentioned in the buildings section. So this currently feels like a total waste of time on the quad gun. However, my buddies spoke to the Warhammer World events team today and asked about it and they said they that it could autofire, which isn't so bad given it's twin linked but I still feel shady about using it in the October Throne of Skulls tournament. Last thing I want is to argue the toss over it and have to produce a couple of tournament lists just in case.
    Well obviously I can't speak for everyone but if you get me at the tournament, I'd happily let you use this (and with manual fire given the effort involved). The rule is obviously intended to stop the slightly silly sight of an army of tyranids with a manned imperial defence line or bastion which doesn't make sense. Send them an email with photos and I think they are more likely to say yes. Use it as a counts as hive guard otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Well obviously I can't speak for everyone but if you get me at the tournament, I'd happily let you use this (and with manual fire given the effort involved). The rule is obviously intended to stop the slightly silly sight of an army of tyranids with a manned imperial defence line or bastion which doesn't make sense. Send them an email with photos and I think they are more likely to say yes. Use it as a counts as hive guard otherwise
    Once it's complete I'll send the pics as you suggest and see what they say. Good idea about the Hive Guard, I have a spare one so I can always swap them out. It's not the cool solution but it's better than nothing. Do I take it you will be attending Throne of Skull in October and if so will it be with the Mechanicrons? Cool to see them if you are.

Meanwhile as construction is complete I've started to paint the quad gun. A bit of colour starts to differentiate what's going on:

I'll be there but I like to mix up my armies so it might be my Dark Eldar/Eldar instead. I'm working on some xenos terrain myself and want to give my DE bastion a go.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    I'll be there but I like to mix up my armies so it might be my Dark Eldar/Eldar instead. I'm working on some xenos terrain myself and want to give my DE bastion a go.
    Look forward to seeing your efforts, they're always creative and exciting.

Meanwhile the Tyranid Aegis has had it's base coats too:

The updates will continue to trickle through for both this and the quad gun at [URL="http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/"]my blog[/URL] or you can just enjoy the pics here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19-P1060110.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	2872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20-P1060111.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	2873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21-P1060113.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	2874  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast