BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

I'd go with some wolf guard termies. They have great presence in combat and are great at contesting. Lightning claws and a terminator priest is just wrong. Long fangs are always good but makes your army very reliable on their presence. A large squad of sky claws with power fist are awesome in 6th considering they hit at I10 on the charge.

Veteran-Sergeant

A single I10 attack....not all your attacks. And it's your unmodified S, not the power fist doubled S, or the AP2, but AP-. Plus iirc aren't sky claws WS/BS 3?

And you aren't getting a unit of wolf guard for 120~ pts.

Veteran-Sergeant

Read what was said again. He says that the vindicators aren't appealing to him anymore. He can easily afford wolf guard with cyclone missile launcher and a priest in terminator armor with those points.

As for the scouts they are great at coming in and raping a tank or two which will make up for their derpyness.

Veteran-Sergeant

Considering that the vindicator was going to replace the scouts in the first place, it's still 125 points to play with.

Yes, in theory you could just about get 4 termies with storm bolter and power weapon - you need 5 to upgrade a cyclone. Thats also not including a priest which would be the 125 and more alone. This is assuming you don't want power fists or wolf claws etc.

Ok this is the last version before I start scooping up razorback kits, I have everything but 3 melta marines (prolly going to ebay em or convert bolters to metlas) and the transports.

Space Wolves 750 Point
    1 Rune Priest, (Runic Armor – Living Lighting, ________) – 120 (Pack Leader for the Long Fangs)
    10 Grey Hunters (x2 Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen Wolf Standard, Rhino) - 215
    10 Grey Hunters (x2 Plasmagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino) – 220
    5 Long Fangs (4 Missile Launchers, Razorback w/ TL Lascannon) - 190

= 745

Space Wolves 1000 Point
    1 Rune Priest, (Runic Armor – Living Lighting, ________) – 120 (Pack Leader for the Long Fangs)

= 965

Space Wolves 1500 Point

2 Rune Priest, (Runic Armor – Living Lighting, ________) – 240 (Pack Leaders for the Long Fangs)
    10 Grey Hunters (x2 Plasmagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino) - 220
    10 Grey Hunters (x2 Plasmagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino) - 220

= 1495

- I'll work the wargear out on the RP so they are legal at 1500 pt
    Last edited by Whereswaldo; 09-01-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12