BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default White Dwarf Overhaul

From Darnok's Birdy via Warseer:
    WD is changing in a fairly big way. They are moving out of the design studio into completely new offices and have brought in an outsider to head up the new format magazine (a former editor of a major successful magazine). The new magazine will have increased content and is being invested in with more money by GW in an attempt to break with the concept amongst many readers that it is little more than a figures advert. They've been working on the new mag since early May (4 WDs have been released since), so I'd expect the first of the new look fairly soon, but it would give us an idea on internal turn around times when it appears...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Oh really? That's interesting.

I wonder in what way will it change...?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

It sounds like they want it to be an actual hobby magazine again rather than a catalogue with the occassional good article.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Hahahaha!
    More painting and modelling guides are always welcome.... so long as they don't steal any more of my ideas.

First-Captain

If it happens then I'll buy it.

I want to buy White Dwarf. I want to have a subscription again. I think I cancelled in 96 and haven't even considered getting it since.

If we go back to the days of a proper hobby magazine, then I am in.

Wow, you've nearly not had WD longer than I've been alive. O_O

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It sounds like they want it to be an actual hobby magazine again rather than a catalogue with the occassional good article.
    You mean like this month's? If this proves true, I for shall be glad. They have been in desperate need of a proper editor for god knows how long (and sub editors IMO). Though we already know the turn around times, they have said it several times in WD that it goes to print 3 months before it hits the shelves.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Do you mean August or Septembers? August was alright, good new rules for a nice but of content, few other decent things but it is still a long way from where it was init heydey. I actually think last year was one of the better years of the past decade or so, but there were a few bad issues. This year there have been a few bad ones and hte year isn't over yet. Though I do like the new painting guides.

September's is awesome! Love the Alpha Legion in there.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Wow, you've nearly not had WD longer than I've been alive. O_O
    I feel old

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast