BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Horus Heresy RUMOR Roundup

Ok here's the master rumor roundup for Forgeworld's Horus Heresy books.

Rumor mongers include Harry and RogueStar from Warseer.

Basics
    Three books planned - SO FAR. Could be others.

Primarchs and rules for the legions will be covered.

Volume 1 - "BETRAYAL"

Covers the opening of the Heresy, the Dropsite Massacre, the Traitor Legions, space combat in Istvaan, and Primarch models for Angron, Mortarion and Fulgrim.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2yt7IS0OY&feature=player_embedded"]Youtube video here[/URL]

Legions shown in artwork are:

Emperor's Children
    Death Guard
    Sons of Horus
    World Eaters

Three Primarch's planned are:
    Angron
    Mortarion
    Fulgrim

Angron's miniature is described as:
    He's advancing, from left to right. Two chainaxes, one in each hand. Right hand going for an overhead chop, the other drawn back against his torso for a sideswipe (because it's Angron, he can't possibly be blocking!). High collar. White shoulder plates. Dreadlock-like neural-implants. Very angry. Link-chain cloak with a few skulls attached...

He is a good bit bigger than a 'normal' marine.
    Also, murmurs of a Fellblade...
    Out in time for Gamesday UK 2012
    Described as a "BIG Book"

faeit212 (8/29/2012)

The Horus Heresy book 1 will have rules for playing Space Marine Legions.

Each legion gets a unique special rule for all space marines.

Each Legion is getting a unique elites option.

HQs get some unique wargear based on legion as well.

Guard are in the list and operate like platoons from the 40k dex. Essentially being a list within a list needing command + 2 units and can then take others.

They can't blob, but they can be taken in squads up to 30 anyways.

Super heavy tanks are in, but are BS4 with space marine crew.

Legions have the option of taking allies from other space marine forces, Titans or guard air force.

Betrayal has the legion rules for Luna wolves, death guard, emperor's children and world eaters

Primarchs are Apocalypse only and pretty baller.

No rules for Horus until the Battle for Terra book.

Mortarion, Angron and Fulgrim are in.

Space marines are fearless and a basic marine is 16 pts with bolter, bp, ccw and their legion rule or generic place holder.

Games are recommended to be played at 2,500 points or more.

One of the special scenarios calls for 10,000 points per side and ISN'T apocalypse.

There is a section on Xenos which suggests that some heresy era rules may come for them as well, but in betrayal they are a foot note but can still participate in Volume 1 of the campaign (and presumably throughout).

later in the series to keep it fresh, there will be additional wargear and options for traitor legions in the form of mutations and gifts as well as a rules for using daemons as allies, and similar ally intended lists for Sisters of Silence and Custodes though nothing will stop you from using these lists as pure armies save that they are not fully fleshed out.

You just nominate your legion, you don't have to purchase a specific special character.

Don't worry though, special characters are in, and they force your legion rule

faeit212 (9/5/2012)
    -The Horus Heresy book Betrayal will be released at Games Day UK along with Models, followed by a general release after GD.
    -3 books are planned for release by the end of this year
    -There is no limit to the number of books that will be released for the Horus Heresy. They will be taking a tactical view of the major engagements during the Heresy in chronological order, and do not yet know the number of books that are going to be done
    -They absolutely will not be outrunning the Black Library to get to the Siege of Terra
    -The Horus Heresy books will be full stand alone supplements for 40k "You will not need to reference a single codex to play".
    Last edited by Bigred; 09-05-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: latest info
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Sergeant

I think everyone will be happy when they see this book in a couple weeks. Yes it is a big book
    Last edited by Absolon; 08-27-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Chapter-Master

Friend was at Gencon in the states a week or so back, talked to the FW team. They told him 7 books, not 3
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Well gee... I think I am gunna have to make some pre-heresy Dark Angels!
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

First-Captain

I've wanted Primarch models for so long. If they get them right, this will be the best 40k thing ever.....ever!

Having trouble not getting too excited in case this all goes wrong.

Long time lurker! First time poster!

...but the horus heresy is more a 30k thing, isn't it.

cheers

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Absolon View Post
    I think e eryone will be happy when they see this book Ina couple weeks. Yes it is a big book
    I won't be if all it has in it are the stupid traitor legions. If it covers the dropsite massacre, where's my Corax model????? I don't want to have to wait until the next book. Also, if the book only has those legions in, I assume that the only people they will be able to fight is themselves, representing the purging of their legions on Istvaan 3. That will make for a really boring book in my opinion.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

From what I understand it isn't just about the Dropsite Misunderstanding, that is just the culmination of it and a good portion of the book is dedicated to it. But not the whole book.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I can't wait for this to be released to be honest. I'm going to buy the whole set as it's released, love the Horus Heresy.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by korgüll View Post
    Long time lurker! First time poster!

...but the horus heresy is more a 30k thing, isn't it.

cheers
    Forgive me. You are right.
    But to me 30k isn't a thing....yet. In this instance, I use the term 40k as an umbrella title to cover the futuristic world of GW. Ever since the idea of the Primarchs was introduced I have wanted official GW models. That's a long time to be wanting a model. If we get them and they aren't Nagash like, then I will be one happy GW fanboy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast