BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

This is some stupid crap. Eldargal, we don't see eye to eye on some things, but you're one of the better posters and I like you (I do!), and banning you is Warseer cutting off it's nose to spite it's face. For any of the possible reasons you posted, it's ridiculously dumb.

But like people say, it's hardly a surprise with some of the trained gibbons Warseer uses as mods. I'm like Vaktathi: you know how much of a ranting tool I can be but I haven't had as much as a warning for any of it. All the warnings and infractions I've received have been for ridiculously innocent things. Openly wondering where my just-posted message disappeared to, posting links to standup videos, etc.

And while we're talking about Warseer mods: as ever, Wintermute speaks a load of cobblers.

I just sent this to the Admin.

Hello, I am Tzeentch's Dark Agent, and I am going to be honest for a moment.

I came here to voice a complaint about Wintermute.

Personally, I dislike this forum. I dislike EVERYTHING about it.
    The layout, the colours, some of the moderators, and the general atmosphere of the board.

Why do some of you feel the need to constantly be zealous? ALL THE TIME.
    Wargaming is that, A GAME. Do not take it so seriously.

And then I hear a story from a regular poster on my forum, I believe some of you may have heard of her; Eldargal.
    WHY DID YOU BAN ONE OF YOUR MOST RELIABLE POSTERS?!! Do you people love to shoot yourself in the foot or something? Unload the whole six rounds?

She disagreed with you on some points. WOW. "I know what we should do! Insta-ban!"

That's not the worst part, you didn't even provide any evidence for the ban!

I cannot comprehend such immense stupidity, it is beyond my understanding.

Wintermute, I hear your a pretty col guy, you ban stuff and doesnt afraid of anything.

If I went around banning people like you then I would be extradited.

Here are some quotes, blow your minds!
    This is some stupid crap. Eldargal, we don't see eye to eye on some things, but you're one of the better posters and I like you (I do!), and banning you is Warseer cutting off it's nose to spite it's face. For any of the possible reasons you posted, it's ridiculously dumb.

But like people say, it's hardly a surprise with some of the trained gibbons Warseer uses as mods. I'm like Vaktathi: you know how much of a ranting tool I can be but I haven't had as much as a warning for any of it. All the warnings and infractions I've received have been for ridiculously innocent things. Openly wondering where my just-posted message disappeared to, posting links to standup videos, etc.

And while we're talking about Warseer mods: as ever, Wintermute speaks a load of cobblers.
    I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at this entire affair.

Eldargal is one of the 40k community pillars, and dances between major forums like a Harlequin in the webway bringing news and rumors wherever she stops. For such a longtimer to get banned from any of the large sites is a big deal unless there was beyond the pale behavior involved (which is not the case).

The community is smaller than most people think and things like this can affect the reputation of sites.

If this was the action of a dim-witted low-level mod and is corrected quickly its one thing. If this is a senior mod action and Warseer stands by it, its not a good sign for the openness and diversity of their community.
    When I was perusing one of the rumour threads I noticed the "banned" label on an Eldargal post, and that was quite a surprise. I know that Warseer does some ridiculous crap sometimes, but of all the people who I'd expected to see banned, you were probably on the bottom of the list. It's sad that Warseer is willing to toss out someone who knows the source materiel and hobby, but keeps condescending morons like Avian and Rick Blaine around. Who are they axing next? MajorWesJanson? Harry?
    To recap what I'd said previously, Warseer is s cesspit thanks to their mods. The mods there are complete and thorough douche-bags, particularly "t-tauri" and "philbrad2". These aren't just my opinions - you can find similar sentiments posted throughout the gaming community. Frankly, you are better off not having to deal with the inane mewlings of witless drama mommas.
    Warseer's mods have a weird tendency to give out warnings for bizarre things, which can add up into bans fast. I recall a friend got warned because he made an hyperbole filled analogy that involved a hypothetical dog dying. Also, they keep permabanning useful contributors for poor or flimsy reasons. I was surprised to see you banned there, though knowing the moderators there, I suppose I shouldn't be.

And from Eldargal herself:
    To give an example of some of the things I was warned over (I was one warning away from a ban, but I didn't do anything to warrant the ban)

Someone said something along the lines of:
    Quote:
    Have you see the types of girls who play 40k? They need ot get off their high horse

To which I replied, jokingly:
    Quote:
    Have you seen the types of boys who play 40k? Beggars can't be choosers

I got a warning for trolling and making offensive remarks. At the very same time there was an ongoing thread entitled something like 'Why do gamers stink' dedicated to people promoting stereotypes about gamers.
    Know the most gutsplitting thing? Most of these people only have 1 post, that's right, they took time to JOIN OUR FORUM to post these comments.
    Does that speak to the deepest level of pettiness of your mods?

Call me a fanboy, call me crazy, call me a noob, idiot, whatever. I just came to deliver a message: Being on the internet does not excuse manners and common sense.

Think about what you do before you do it...
    Agent out.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I think his avatar is from a studio ghibli film
    Correct. It's from Spirited Away.

Kudos to you TDA for standing up for a little decency and accountability in the community.
    Last edited by Chronowraith; 08-30-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

My thanks.

I'm the hero you want not the hero you deserve... Batman... yadda yadda yadda.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Good work TDA more amusing than GW vs CHS!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

This ball done started rollin', it did.

I like how we're all rallying around the only girl on the internet, haha

I heard about eldargal's banning about 20 minutes ago and did a quick search to find this topic.

For the record, I wanted to know the story and believe it or not, I wanted to help.

We crossed words once or twice but I liked her and mostly enjoyed her input. She certainly wasn't one of the bad ones.

That's the point. There are bad ones, in any demographic of any size your going to get people barely worth that term. Warseer has them, there is certainly no denying it. But then, many people in this thread are not attacking any 'one'.

As a long time Warseer poster I found I was insulted 3 times on the first page of this thread. But BoLS is a place where intelligent, reasonable adult conversations happen where people aren’t dicks right?

Frankly, as my first time on BoLS I am not getting a good impression here but I hold that against the individuals (predominantly two), not BoLS.

Might I suggest we try using a different brush for different people and judge them on their own merits, or lackthereof?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    2) That says more about Warseer than it does me.

3) I cannot defend myself as I have already been banned. I should have been given the opportunity to defend myself before the ban. I am certainly not going to debase myself by pleading for a retraction after the fact, I have a far more enjoyable response planned. Save your snide insinuations too, no one cares.
    I would argue it says more about the moderator. To be blunt, Willowy was being a bit of a dick there. Some cack handed attempt at 'soothing'.

As for you Eldargal I can make enquiries if you want. Can't promise much, I'm only a plebe but at this point, it can hardly hurt right? Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't want to go back and I wouldn't blame you. But then, your not asking me, I am offering. Worst case scenario, there is something systemically wrong, there are still plenty of Warseerites who do appreciate and miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    Correct. It's from Spirited Away.

Kudos to you TDA for standing up for a little decency and accountability in the community.
    While his motivation may have been laudable, expressing how he hates 'EVERYTHING' about Warseer, is standing up for decency?

In short guys, please try not condemning the entire Warseer community. We are all here for the same interests.

Shady, you've got some really good points, and you're right, all Warseerites shouldn't be judged by the actions of a few. While I'm sure we've all had some pretty memorable experiences while on said site, nobody would be well served by this becoming a "Warseer-hate" thread; furthermore, it'd just be catty.

But it is nice seeing how members of the community will... rally, I guess, around another member.

Now, who is up for spraying "ELDARGAL LIVES" on the subway tunnel walls and making Che Guevara-style posters with her Warseer portrait?

Lol. I actually considered posting "what you think I haven't already" and then photoshoping her avatar, maxing the contrast till it looked all Che Guvera and then onto a concrete wall, but it seemed creepy.

Proof that great minds think alike, I guess!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast