BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Army colors?

Battle-Brother

Default Army colors?

OK I have not played Warmachines but have been given a small Khador force by a friend. I believe it is the start kit but not for sure.

I guess my question is does it really matter what colors I choose to paint my army? I don't know much about the game and don't want to shunned by the community if I try to go play a game somewhere with Khador that are not red.
    Last edited by UltraBlood; 08-29-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Scout

No color is not important in that sense. The only real requirement is that they are painted in a fashion that satisfies you. The community as a whole encourages divergent paint schemes and creative modeling, it's a big part of the hobby. Plus you get to come up with some fluff to back up your paint scheme. They could be a border legion or even marauders, that is another important aspect of the hobby, it's all about what you like and how you want your army to appear.

Battle-Brother

I figured that is how it would be but thanks for replying to my silly question.

Yeah, it doesn't really matter how you paint your guys. Painting is just one more level of customization. I have a friend who painted his Khador in winter camouflage and another friend who painted his Legion in garishly bright yellow and green. If you are satisfied with how you have painted your models, that's all that you need to do.

And I third this!

I decided to base my Khador force loosely on the Ragna warforce from the anime 'Origins: Spirits of the Past', it just so happens they are red anyway, but they come from a parched desert wasteland, so I based them with this in mind instead of their usual arctic tundra look. But had I wanted them to be blue or purple or neon green it wouldn't have stopped me
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"