BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default GK Terminator Armor is Mk...?

I've decided to make my Blood Ravens terminator librarian out of Grey Knight bits. However, I've noticed that the GK terminators are pretty different from ordinary Space Marine terminators. Backstory-wise, what gives? Are their Mks of terminator armor as well? What's the name for the iteration that the Grey Knights wear?

I don't have my book or anything but I know their power armor is called aegis armor and they might have a similar version of terminator armor, I'll look into though, it's a good question.

EDIT: From Lexicanum:
    Aegis Armour - The suits of power and Terminator armour worn by the Grey Knights are incredibly well crafted lattice of psychoconductive filaments and amulets*[7]; anointed and inscribed with prayers and wards, ritually consecrated and psychically charged. Working in tandem with the Grey Knights' formidable psychic powers, the Aegis armour protects the wearers from the effects of the Immaterium and the Daemons it spawns. The armor's ritual blessings and psychic resonance also serve to confound the perception of any enemy, resulting in an effect called the Shrouding. The psychically charged nature of the armour allows its mere presence to induce intense terror and pain in any nearby daemons and warp spawn, also loosening their grip on the material realm.
    So it sounds a lot better than in game but I suppose that's not an isolated case.
    Last edited by Kyban; 08-29-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Brother-Captain

That's a way of reading page 8 of the old Daemonhunters codex. Another is "The Aegis" is just a side effect of all the work and special modifications done to the armor, not the name of the armour itself.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    That's a way of reading page 8 of the old Daemonhunters codex. Another is "The Aegis" is just a side effect of all the work and special modifications done to the armor, not the name of the armour itself.
    I believe the current codex also calls it "Aegis Armour" though I can't check right now.

Yes, there are patterns (though seemingly not marks) of terminator armour: [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/TARTAROS_PATTERN_TERMINATOR_ARMOUR.html[/url] .

There are also the minor variations in terminator armour, most notably, the kneepad/no kneepad thing, but there are a few other details that vary.

As for the Grey Knights, they seem to wear an artificer-made suit of terminator armour, considering the custom chest-plate and armour around the neck head.

Maybe someone else has better specific details?

Librarian

the terminator variants, are not MKs as the power armour are.

there was little development of the suits due to the heresy. but since they were modified environment suits, there would be a natural variance in the production on par with differing bolt gun patterns, they all work the same just look different.

the 1st lot of fluff was that the suits were c reated as the ultimate armour, allowing marines to be walking tanks...... however the last part was their downfall. they were slow and cumbersome.

then there was the origins of the suits, supossedly they were engineered from squat exo armour, that were used to maintain plasma reactors and survive the heat, pressure and radiation within said reactors. they were then modified with the space marine tech to create the first suits of TDA.

i see three or four variants in main use.
    the standard terminator suit (the old metal ones included, as only the shoulders and weapon MKs changed)
    tartaros (modified power armour, they still use MK IV heads and power packs, then bigger plates and internal reinforcment, as MK IV was the advanced suit that makes sense these were the better suits)
    cataphratii (basic and reliable, the cudgel in the mailed fist as with the standard TDA external reinforcment)
    and the ones the grey knights/custodes use/d

now the last one i see as a development of cataphratii, as the custodes appear to have more advanced versions of the suit (note the helms), it would make sense that the psi shielding required for the aegis suits was already made so then could be wrought into the then modified custode cataphractii suits.

malcador already had titan monkeyed with and the artificers already at work when he foounded the inquisition. also note that the custodes also removed their armour with the internment of the emperor and alos changed their names and added to them with their honours.

the emperor would have needed psi sheilded warriors had magnus taken seat in the golden throne and kept the web way open so man could take it too. the grey knights would have just been repurposed as the demon hunters they are now.
    Last edited by Cpt Codpiece; 08-30-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Brother-Captain

Terminators do not fail armor saves; they fall over and can not get back up.

Check this out - John Blanche's guide to terminator armour through the ages"

[url]http://www.tearsofenvy.com/termi-nation/[/url]
    PhillCo. Heavy Industries "Crushing the World one step at a time"

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Terminators do not fail armor saves; they fall over and can not get back up.
    That's why they have vents at the backs, they are tiny rocket exhausts that stand the termy back up, its a kinda self-righting mechanism (sremech for those who remember robot wars).

And damn it that link is blocked
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

look on right hand side - there's a "click here" box
    PhillCo. Heavy Industries "Crushing the World one step at a time"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast