BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Eldar girl i need your help.

My friend is trying really hard to work out a progression tree for all the armies for a campaign he is starting up.
    The problem he has come across is the craft world eldar.SM were easy Scout to tac to special. IG were easy but he is now very stuck. If you could help with your vast knowledge of eldar i would be very grateful. thank you to anyone who can help.

Guardian - Aspect Warrior - Autarch
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

we aren't sure its that simple. there is the exarch problem to take in and the fact that eldar are meant to try all aspects but we don't know what order.

What TDA said or:

----------- l-Aspect Warrior - Autarch
    Guardian -l
    ----------- l- Warlock - Farseer

We're doing something similar in an upcoming campaign in my group, after a certain amount of wins accrued you can choose to be an Aspect Warrior or Warlock each unlocking a bonus abiity (perhaps an extra elite FOC for Aspect, we've not decided) and then advance to Autarch (something to do with Warlor traits) or Farseer (psykers know an extra psychic power).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They choose whichever Aspect they feel drawn to.

So if you're angry and just want to hide and wait for it to go away then you should be a Scorpion.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Guardian - Aspect Warrior - Autarch
    Sort of... But with Eldar progression doesnt happen so "standard". I mean if I am not mistaken, only those who have travelled on the Path of the Warrior can become Guardians

However, none the less I'd say a Guardian could go either down a "seer" route, so Warlock, Farseer or a Aspect Warrior Route... Maybe on an off chance the progression could lead to exarchdom, or even Avatardom, whence he has become an Exarch of course (like on a roll of a 5+ he becomes an Exarch, or a further roll of a 5/6 he becomes an Avatar and dies :P)

Edit: Ok my idea is too complicated :L
    Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 08-30-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Eldar are a bit different, but TDA is basically right. To expand:
    Guardian - a normal civilian with basic training.
    Aspect Warrior - a trained professional soldier (Follows the path of the warrior and is part of a certain aspect shrine).
    Exarch - leader of aspect warriors (Head of an aspect shrine, those who get stuck in an aspect get their soul sucked into the Exarch).
    Autarch - general of the army (Has been through a bunch of different aspects)

Farseer - adviser (not a warrior path but often involved in battles as an adviser or warrior if they have been through a warrior path previously).

These are rather crude summaries though.
    Last edited by Kyban; 08-30-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Librarian

not as complex as his first thought

Do you think we need to make eldargal some kind of bat signal?

You could put the ranger between the guardian and aspect warrior maybe if you want more gradations. The latest 'path of' book implies its slightly less skilled.

Also Aspect -> Exarch -> Avatar/Phoenix lord
    Last edited by isotope99; 08-30-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Also Aspect -> Exarch -> Avatar/Phoenix lord
    It's not clear that your average Exarch can ascend to become a Phoenix Lord. Karandras might have, but he also has his original mind, and isn't a gestalt like an exarch. However, Exarchs definitely do not "become" the Avatar--an aspect warrior is sacrificed to awaken the spirit of Khaine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast