BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    No, it is not cheating. I am following the letters to the T. Go and read them. Become enlightened. Think outside the box.

I am not sure how you can possible say that it is WAAC. Someone telling me to not follow the rules because it puts them at a disadvantage is WAAC.

Just because you forgot to read the rules doesn't mean that you are correct.
    I've got the book in front of me and there is nothing under the entry for smoke launchers to justify your interpretation of them. LOS is not mentioned once. In fact, the only effect listed is to give the vehicle a 5+ cover save.

Across wargaming, smoke is usually represented by a cotton ball on *top* of the tank. Your rules stretch is not only incredibly lame, it also really doesn't truly address the issues of the BA. This topic has made a mockery of this thread. Because even if what you wanted to do was allowed, other armies would get the same advantage.

Chapter-Master

I think a lot of the misunderstanding might come from the fact that in the old days, back before True LOS, destroyed vehicles (and buildings, sometimes) created pillars of smoke of a certain height.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
    Oh sure, villainize me because I'm calling someone out on their BS after PAGES of him making baseless statements and being excruciatingly unhelpful, often even insulting over and over again.

Thank you.
    You are no villain. My point is that the perception of one person's poor behaviour is neither a good excuse nor a good justification to demonstrate poor behaviour. That applies to everyone, myself included.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I think a lot of the misunderstanding might come from the fact that in the old days, back before True LOS, destroyed vehicles (and buildings, sometimes) created pillars of smoke of a certain height.
    Good analysis of the situation ElectricPaladin. You keep finding a way to see the value in both sides of the argument. You are consistently respectful to everyone in the discussion. Also, you contribute useful points on the use of BA. Thanks for being awesome.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Martel732 View Post
    I've got the book in front of me and there is nothing under the entry for smoke launchers to justify your interpretation of them. LOS is not mentioned once. In fact, the only effect listed is to give the vehicle a 5+ cover save.

Across wargaming, smoke is usually represented by a cotton ball on *top* of the tank. Your rules stretch is not only incredibly lame, it also really doesn't truly address the issues of the BA. This topic has made a mockery of this thread. Because even if what you wanted to do was allowed, other armies would get the same advantage.
    I have stated before most of the complaints that you have stated applies to all other armies.
    Sooooo, why are you losing?
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Sergeant

There is no need to provoke people Tynskel.

If you want people to listen to you I find that it is best to keep a level head regardless of incoming criticism.

Once again, why are we attacking each other instead of working together to find out what works NOT what doesn't work. We could go on for a very long time about the means to fail since there are far more possibilities to fail at games then there are to succeed.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Warpspider89 View Post
    Once again, why are we attacking each other instead of working together to find out what works NOT what doesn't work. We could go on for a very long time about the means to fail since there are far more possibilities to fail at games then there are to succeed.
    Bingo.

Personally, I'd like to see someone try out Tynskel's minimum scoring unit theory. Who's interesting in bringing that to the table next time they play?
    Last edited by ElectricPaladin; 02-05-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

If the lists that are being used aren't working then why not? I think it would be worth the attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpspider89 View Post
    If the lists that are being used aren't working then why not? I think it would be worth the attempt.
    Go for it. But my old 5th edition lists with 15 marines are very similiar, had fewer wasted points (at least compared to what has been posted), and were having problems when it came time to tally score. The BA really didn't have the firepower to table in 5th consistently and certainly don't in 6th. But go ahead.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    No, it is not cheating. I am following the letters to the T. Go and read them. Become enlightened. Think outside the box.

I am not sure how you can possible say that it is WAAC. Someone telling me to not follow the rules because it puts them at a disadvantage is WAAC.

Just because you forgot to read the rules doesn't mean that you are correct.
    Since its WAAC to say that cotton balls on top of tanks do NOT cause LoS blockage, I've decided to turn over my WAAC leaf and start using appropriate models for my smoke launchers and wrecks.

Downside is that I had to hire these dudes to carry the smoke markers around for me to every game.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast