BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

So, I see what a lot of you are saying about 6th including some good boosts for the Blood Angels, particularly Feel No Pain disentangling from AP, more reliable reserves rolls, the increased fragility of the other guy's transports, the increased durability of our flying almost-terminators, the ability of moving vehicles to fire snap shots, and Hammer of Wrath.

However, I think the biggest problem is still 50% deployment and empty-tabling. Those are the changes that really threaten to suck the distinctiveness out of the Blood Angels.

So, those of you with more optimistic outlooks - what do you think we should do about it?

Librarian

I play Eldar and Sisters, but used to play Blood Angels back in 2nd (and still have loads of assault troops).

So in 6th I've added Blood Angels as my regular Sister's of Battle Allies.
    Personally my BA allies are doing VERY well. Keep in mind that I haven't played BA since 2nd edition and have to comparison to their effectiveness in 5th vs 6th.

I generally run my allies with:
    HQ:
    Reclusiarch w/Jump Pack

Elite (in games of 2k+):
    Furioso Dreadnought in Drop Pod (either Librarian or Frag Cannon)

Troops:
    Death Co w/jump packs
    Death Co Dreadnought w/Drop Pod

Fast Attack (in larger games only):
    Vanguard Veterans w/jump packs (Herioc Intervention FTW!)

Heavy (in larger games only):
    Dreadnought in Drop Pod w/Mulit-Melta, Autocannon

With my Sisters being the anvil and hlding the line, my Blood Angels deep strike into the enemy rear or to block their advance.

So far they work VERY well and compliment my Sisters perfectly.
    I really wanted to have (and paint) some Dreadnoughts, so that's why so many. I have the Forgeworld Chaplain Dread subbing for my Death Co as it looks bad arse!
    Death Co are very expensive, but with the high # of attacks, fearless, and FnP they can stick around through several rounds of Assault.

I use the BA to take out/occupy the 'big threat' units that my Sisters will have a tough time with (Land Raiders, IG Artillery, Biovores, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    But you don't HAVE to start the unit deployed in the Drop Pod
    But when you do, it is one unit that has to begin in reserves.

If you really want to make an argument out of that, since no rules say that the decision to deploy in their dedicated transport can not be made first, they are allready in the drop pod when you work out what units have to begin in reserves.

Rule book page 124.
    To will, to know, to dare, to win.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Filthspew View Post
    But when you do, it is one unit that has to begin in reserves.

If you really want to make an argument out of that, since no rules say that the decision to deploy in their dedicated transport can not be made first, they are allready in the drop pod when you work out what units have to begin in reserves.

Rule book page 124.
    Can I make a request?

Can we keep the conversation on this thread to the topic of how to keep the Blood Angels vital and unique in 6th, rather than the legality of Drop Pod armies? I don't think anyone would disagree with me when I say that Drop Pods are not a distinctive Blood Angel thing. They're a cool trick available to all Space Marine armies. Therefore, debating this rule isn't what I want this thread to be about.

If you start another thread about it, I'll totally contribute.

Thanks.

Your thread, yours to rule

A way to come around the 50% limit on reserves (jump pack list) is to have many cheap units that deploy.

But they should off course be usefull units.

Guard allies could be used for this.

So can armor.

Minimum sized scouts even.

Really, any cheap unit can contribute.

And, ironically, a 5 man Assault squad with dedicated transport that deploy NOT embarked count as 2 units not in reserves
    To will, to know, to dare, to win.

Veteran-Sergeant

my friend and i play almost every weekend since we came back from afgan we play atleast one sometimes 2 or 3 games a weekend i have played against his BA army about 10 times (i play DA) and my score aganst his BA 10 games played 0 games won. now i will admit this sangrail far far out skills me (he dose have about 10 years of playing this game one me) but if the BA dex had taken as much of a hit as you say with the new rules then wouldn't it be more likely that i even with my lesser skill would have pulled off a win or 2 by now instead of getting ground into the dust every weekend?
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by thelion View Post
    my friend and i play almost every weekend since we came back from afgan we play atleast one sometimes 2 or 3 games a weekend i have played against his BA army about 10 times (i play DA) and my score aganst his BA 10 games played 0 games won. now i will admit this sangrail far far out skills me (he dose have about 10 years of playing this game one me) but if the BA dex had taken as much of a hit as you say with the new rules then wouldn't it be more likely that i even with my lesser skill would have pulled off a win or 2 by now instead of getting ground into the dust every weekend?
    Or maybe you just suck more than you fear .

Seriously - I kid because I love.

Can you give me some idea of the list your friend runs?

Veteran-Sergeant

ouch that one hurt he has a huge army i mean his list changes every time but he dose play danti alot and i fight alot of sanguinary gaurd so ill ask him how he builds his list and we will figure out what he is doing right with his ba and get back to you

Brother-Sergeant

If you're losing to him and he likes bringing Sanguinary Guard, you're not bringing enough Deathwing. Sanguinary Guard are awesome, and Dante is badass, I love both of them in my armies, in 5th and 6th. That said, a sufficiently large block of terminators will still rip them apart if I don't handle it well.

Veteran-Sergeant

no i have been learning that my issue is i bring all death wing and eventually get out manoeuvred i tend to not support my death wing very well i am still working on it.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast