BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Deathwing Command Squad

I've seen pictures online about a Deathwing Command Squad, but for the life of me I can't find the rules! The Codex has a description of a Command Squad on page 81, but this looks to me to be a Command Squad made out of Veteran Space Marines, not termies. Can anyone point me in the right direction for these rules?

Battle-Brother

Is the command squad just the unit that Belial allows to take a Standard Bearer and another character to be an Apothecary?

Librarian

yeah, its under belials list entry under options, for x points one deathwikng can become an apothecary.

no comp champ though

Chapter-Master

command squads used to have the options to take termi armour if im not wrong? but they removed that from vanillas and made the DA one just apothecaries and banners?
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

Geez, really?
    A Command Squad (pg. 81) lets you take for each IC ( which means Azreal, Belial,Ezekiel,Interrogator Chaplain, Company Master, Chaplin or Librarian ) 5 veteran marines, yes they can take a mulitule of weapons but nothing allows you to take Terminator armour.
    Thats it ...no termies........deal with it

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't see the problem, after all with Belial rocking the battlefield you can take Termies aplenty. So far I am enjoying partnering my Dark Angels with my Sisters. Exorcists and the Avenger putting a heap of firepower out, my Dark Angels taking care of the up close and personal element of the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDV8 View Post
    Geez, really?
    A Command Squad (pg. 81) lets you take for each IC ( which means Azreal, Belial,Ezekiel,Interrogator Chaplain, Company Master, Chaplin or Librarian ) 5 veteran marines, yes they can take a mulitule of weapons but nothing allows you to take Terminator armour.
    Thats it ...no termies........deal with it
    Geez, you really didn't read the thread title (or the DA codex), did you?

You take a Deathwing command squad by upgrading a terminator squad using the options listed in Belial's army list entry.

Battle-Brother

The termie squad with the Banner and the Apothecary isn't an official 'command squad' though, so I can still take 5 veterans as my command squad and have termies with an apothecary and a banner, right?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by uglytater View Post
    The termie squad with the Banner and the Apothecary isn't an official 'command squad' though, so I can still take 5 veterans as my command squad and have termies with an apothecary and a banner, right?
    it would appear so, since you just upgrade a squad to have the members, you are not actually making a true command squad.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yup. No reason why you can't. The option on Belial is to upgrade a Terminator squad with either the banner/Apothecary or both. The command squad is permitted for any Independent Character fielded. So young man, fill your Deathwing boots and enjoy all the Heavenly Glories.....